Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have to preach to the choir about the incredible job this community does to help out new Pandroid Novel owners. Some people are profiting from that hard work by selling unlock instructions on places like eBay. I'm not entirely certain that it's illegal*, but it's certainly not cricket to sell someone something they can download for free.How many of you have blogs and Facebook accounts? I suggest we write keyword-laden posts about the virtues of unlocking the Novel that point to this forum. If you don't have a blog but have web space somewhere, put up a web page. The best defense is an offense. People are obviously using Google. "Unlock" ranks the eBay auctions fairly high. High ranking hits on "hack" and "root" seem to lead folks to here or Nate the Great's site. "Unlock" is a term more familiar to phone users, so I suggest this term be used.Anyone up to doing this to help out the folks who give so much to our community?(* I am not a lawyer, but I am a writer and former journalist with some grounding in copyright law. I'm not sure whether copyright can be claimed on the original document. The folks who maintain this document might consider releasing it under some sort of Creative Commons that doesn't allow for resale. That might be your best shot. Again, I'm not a lawyer.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.