Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using an app. installer on the PDN, so I just copy the files to an SD card, put it in the PDN & install from there. Now I will show my ignorance. Is there any reason to leave these .apk files on the SD card? I know that my eBooks that are imported by Aldiko have to stay put & I know to stear clear of folders that are created during the install process, but what about the original .apk files? Oh, while I have your attention, what is the LOST.DIR folder used for? There is one on the main mem. that was populated when I, somehow, lost pictures, videos & sounds, so I assume it has something to do with corrupted files. Any utility to recover them?Thanks,kev

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I leave the .apk file son my SDcard in case I uninstall the program and then decide to reinstall them. I also have them there for after a flash. I install a couple with ADB to get the hacks running again and then finish all other installs from the device itself. Faster for me this way and I can reload stuff on the run instead of being pinned down to the PC. :)I have seen the LOST.DIR folders but have yet to have anything disappear that would require its use. Haven't read of a way to recover the files yet either.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had a snow day today and a chance work with myy WPDN.  I copied some pics and vids (about 4gb on a 16gb card) this morning.  By early afternoon most of the pics and all of the vids had dsappeared from my external card.  I check the LOST.DIR and found about 150mb in there--not enough to account for all the disappeared data.  I had seen this some weeks ago and figured that I had deleted the files...no biggie.  Now I know something in the WPDN is erasing them, thugh there seems to be no rhyme or reason.  WTF?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.