Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious. What launhers & browser work well together with little or no problems on the T100 series tablets. Has anyone had any experience with this? It would be interesting to know...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up a refurbished t103 a couple of weeks ago.

For browsers I've been able to install :

* Opera Mobile ( http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/opera-mobile-12-android-ics-mips/ )
* SkyFire ( Google Play )
* Dolphin HD ( Google Play )
* InBrowser ( Google Play )

I'm a big fan of Opera on desktop and the Mobile version is what I've been using the most so far. I can't think of any problems that I've had with it except that text selection is a pain.

I've only briefly tested out SkyFire but my initial impression is that loading speed and performance aren't as good as Opera. I haven't done any tests or benchmarks so this could just be in my head. A neat feature ( and the reason I installed and tested the browser ) is that, with a purchased license, SkyFire will process videos on their servers so you can watch them without Flash. This feature seemed to work fine during the three day grace period after I installed the free version.

Dolphin HD looks nice and seems to perform fine but it keeps crashing on me. Since I'm already happy with Opera I haven't done any looking into why this has been happening or what can be done to fix it. An update was released earlier this week and I haven't checked to see if it has fixed the problem.

I installed InBrowser and gave it a quick test without noticing any problems. It is lacking tab support so I'm not too interested in it.

For launchers I've installed Go Launcher Ex week before last and Holo Launcher last weekend.

After playing around with Go Launcher it didn't hold my interest and I reverted back to the default launcher. Holo Launcher looks and feels nicer to me and I've been using it most of this week. In my brief experiments I haven't noticed any problems with either and my decision between them was just subjective.

·
Global Moderator
878 Posts
I'm not a fan of alternate launchers, but as for browsers, I'm sort of impressed with Boat mini. A no nonsense browser, crisp and functional.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am curious. What launhers & browser work well together with little or no problems on the T100 series tablets. Has anyone had any experience with this? It would be interesting to know...
I tried and successfully ran on T104:

Go Launcher Ex - it was slow and kludgy on the T10x
Launcher Pro - it's the one I stuck with, works well with T10x

The other nice thing about launcher Pro is you can sneak into Account and Sync settings (not available in my T104 settings menu) and set Gmail to sync so you can use Gmail App instead of the stock email and get pushes. To sneak to the Account and Sync settings in Launcher Pro:
-long press blank area on desktop
-add to home screen - Shortcuts
-Activites
-there it is

·
Registered
6 Posts
right now i am unable to get any browsers to work correctly.

the default browser launches fine and loads up the default homepage (google mobile) and when i see the load bar get to about 95% it crashes to desktop. no errors or anything just a soft crash.

i tried to get a light weight browser and skyfire and other mini/lite browser didnt even show up in market for me (skyfire/dolphin mini/opera mini) but i was able to get easy browser installed but it still does the same soft crash. i have a rooted T301

·
Registered
9 Posts
right now i am unable to get any browsers to work correctly.

the default browser launches fine and loads up the default homepage (google mobile) and when i see the load bar get to about 95% it crashes to desktop. no errors or anything just a soft crash.

i tried to get a light weight browser and skyfire and other mini/lite browser didnt even show up in market for me (skyfire/dolphin mini/opera mini) but i was able to get easy browser installed but it still does the same soft crash. i have a rooted T301
Opera Mobile for MIPS is the only one that doesn't crash. Download here http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/opera-mobile-12-android-ics-mips/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts