Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if any of y'all who use LauncherPro could tell me where it hides its wallpaper folder. I like that LauncherPro builds in the capability to change its wallpaper without using an external application (I've been having usability issues with any of the gallery apps available) but I'm wondering exactly where it keeps the wallpapers it offers. So far when I go to change, it only offers a single alternate wallpaper. I'd like to be able to stick my own images in the folder and switch between them as the fancy strikes me. Anyone know where I'd need to throw images at? Cheers!-C

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
I use launcher pro on my GT78 and like it a lot. But it's at home today so I'll try searching it later.I use wallr lite you can define the folder you want to use. and a tap gives a new random wallpaper.You can get it from Slideme.org or Here

·
Registered
70 Posts
[quote name='Clinton;32025]Was wondering if any of y'all who use LauncherPro could tell me where it hides its wallpaper folder. I like that LauncherPro builds in the capability to change its wallpaper without using an external application (I've been having usability issues with any of the gallery apps available) but I'm wondering exactly where it keeps the wallpapers it offers. So far when I go to change' date=' it only offers a single alternate wallpaper. I'd like to be able to stick my own images in the folder and switch between them as the fancy strikes me. Anyone know where I'd need to throw images at? Cheers!-C[/QUOTE']Good question, I had found where Pandahome keeps it's wallpapers but have not found where LP does. Hopefully someone can answer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
[quote name='ontwowheels;32037]Good question' date=' I had found where Pandahome keeps it's wallpapers but have not found where LP does. Hopefully someone can answer.[/QUOTE']In the directory /system/app/Launcher.apk/res/drawable-hdpithere are whole bunch of files whose names contain the words "wallpaper". For example, wallpaper_rainbokehis one of the two default wallpaper on my LaunchPro setup (the other one being the blackish/metalic net type background). This directory also contains all the wallpapers for "Home" (under setting, if you hit"wallpaper" I got the option of choosing wallpapers from two sections, one called "Home", the other "LaunchPro").Perhaps the first step would be to see if we can make LaunchPro to make use of the existing wallpapers from the "Home" selection. If wecan, then perhaps we can just add our own to the directory. On theother hand, this is a subdirectory of /system so maybe we shouldn't mess with it; under /system/app/Launcher.apk/res/layout there is a file called wallpaper_chooserbut I don't know if it is a program/file and how we can make use of that.I hope this at least helps us jump start your search.

·
Registered
365 Posts
[quote name='Clinton;32025]Was wondering if any of y'all who use LauncherPro could tell me where it hides its wallpaper folder. I like that LauncherPro builds in the capability to change its wallpaper without using an external application (I've been having usability issues with any of the gallery apps available) but I'm wondering exactly where it keeps the wallpapers it offers. So far when I go to change' date=' it only offers a single alternate wallpaper. I'd like to be able to stick my own images in the folder and switch between them as the fancy strikes me. Anyone know where I'd need to throw images at? Cheers!-C[/QUOTE']OK, I must be having a thick-skull moment. Is the question: you're running Launcher Pro, and you want to change the wallpaper? On the home screen, I go Menu - Wallpaper, and I get:- Gallery- Wallpaper Gallery (Home)- Wallpaper Gallery (Launcher Pro)If I understand the question, you can set up a folder on you external SD card, and then browse to it through the Gallery option. Oh, I should mention I'm running the cooliris (2.1?) version of the gallery.Alternatively, I've also navigated to the second option (the native Android launcher that comes with the Android Experience pack) and that has some very nice images (some of which seem to be lifted from Windows 7!).My apologies if I misunderstood the question!-Matt

·
Registered
70 Posts
[quote name='gadgetrants;32271]OK' date=' I must be having a thick-skull moment. Is the question: you're running Launcher Pro, and you want to change the wallpaper? On the home screen, I go Menu - Wallpaper, and I [URL=get:-]get:-[/URL] Gallery- Wallpaper Gallery (Home)- Wallpaper Gallery (Launcher Pro)If I understand the question, you can set up a folder on you external SD card, and then browse to it through the Gallery option. Oh, I should mention I'm running the cooliris (2.1?) version of the gallery.Alternatively, I've also navigated to the second option (the native Android launcher that comes with the Android Experience pack) and that has some very nice images (some of which seem to be lifted from Windows 7!).My apologies if I misunderstood the question!-Matt[/QUOTE']Using the PDN version of gallery, it says you can select a picture to be the wallpaper but for me it never changes. The only way I have been able to change the wall paper is by putting pics in the Pandahome directory on the SD card, change the wallpaper in Pandahome, then use LauncherPro...and the LauncherPro wallpaper has changed also.I wouldn't think it should be this difficult.

·
Registered
846 Posts
[quote name='gadgetrants;32271] On the home screen' date=' I go Menu - Wallpaper, and I [URL=get:-]get:-[/URL] Gallery- Wallpaper Gallery (Home)- Wallpaper Gallery (Launcher Pro)-Matt[/QUOTE'] Matt.. I don;t get this.. when I go to menu-wallpaper on Launcher Pro, I just get one way to choose.. no Gallery and Launcher Pro..I get this type of choice for other things like widgets.. but not wallpaper..Any other's having this same issue?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've updated my PDN to the 07/24/2010 firmware. Ran the GE hack; didn't run the Market hack. I have the stock android launcher installed and LauncherPro (I'm really lovin' the latter). I have the following options for my Select wallpaper from menu: Wallpaper gallery (Home) Wallpaper gallery (LauncherPro)LauncherPro option contains 2 wallpapers; Home option contains 14. I found the Home wallpaper pix located in /system/app/Launcher.apk/res/drawable-hdpi...If we can determine the file type of the wallpaper pix, we should be able to convert our images to that file type. Then decide whether to drop the converted files in the appropriate Launcher.apk subdirectory or (preferably) put them on the SDcard.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have the same setup minus the GE hack.. but not he two categories of wallpaper.. do you think the additional wallpaper choices come form he GE?I only get two wallpaper choices in LP.. the colored bubbles and the black textured ones.

·
Registered
365 Posts
[quote name='davidr;33263]Matt.. I don;t get this.. when I go to menu-wallpaper on Launcher Pro' date=' I just get one way to choose.. no Gallery and Launcher Pro..I get this type of choice for other things like widgets.. but not wallpaper..Any other's having this same issue?[/QUOTE']David, what options (if any) come up when you select Menu->Wallpaper? Another possible issue is that I don't remember seeing the "Wallpaper gallery (Home)" option until after I installed the Google Experience package. I assume it's built into the version of the Home Launcher that comes with that bundle. -Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
davidr;34246 said:
I have the same setup minus the GE hack.. but not he two categories of wallpaper.. do you think the additional wallpaper choices come form he GE?I only get two wallpaper choices in LP.. the colored bubbles and the black textured ones.
I think it's because I did the initial hack with the stock launcher, then installed LauncherPro as an afterthought (without uninstalling the home launcher). My launcher menu that displays after power on/reset contains 3 options: com.fsc.app.launcher.PDLauncher Home LauncherPro

·
Registered
16 Posts
UPDATE! When opening the PD Photo Gallery, I was ALWAYS choosing to load only SD Card pics ==OR== both SD card and internally-stored pics. As a result, when Photo Gallery opened, my only options were View and Slideshow.This time, I loaded the pics from Internal Memory only; I now get the following options in PHoto Gallery: View, Slideshow, Set Wallpaper, and Delete Selected. The photos listed were not the ones from the wallpaper menu that I mentioned in my earlier post (it's near the bottom of the 1st page of this thread). The photos in the Photo Gallery were not the ones with file names wallpaper-* found in the /system subdirectory. TURNS OUT, the Photo Gallery photos are in the /PD_Novel/Photos/Default subdirectory...I moved a couple of my own photos to the /photos/default subdirectory; PD Photo Gallery now displays them. I can even save my own photos as wallpaper. HOWEVER, the new wallpapers are NOT showing up in the Launcher.apk/res/drawable-hdpi subdir in the /system folder...And, so, they're not showing up in the Set Wallpaper menu...OK, I was able to use my own photos as the wallpaper for the PD Launcher. After rebooting, I selected the PDLauncher option from the Launcher menu, pulled up the Photo Gallery, chose my one of my own photos and saved it as a wallpaper; that photo is now my wallpaper. However, still can't pull this wallpaper up when running under the Home launcher or under LauncherPro.

·
Registered
70 Posts
[quote name='gadgetrants;34253]Sorry if somebody already mentioned' date=' but another route I see is to go into Gallery...you can pick an image there and use the "Set as wallpaper" option under "More".-Matt[/QUOTE']this does not work for me....it says it does....but alas, my wallpaper remains unchanged.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I installed Wallr Lite, and for now it seems to work for me, I just wish it would let you pick instead of giving it to you at random, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers
It's weird that LauncherPro gives you an option of choosing wallpapers, but no easy place to put them by default.C'est la vie.-C

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.