Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Be sure to also download the script folder for 1.9. In it is a drivers folder that works with our device also after you overwrite the 1.74 version. Radically improves scrolling, so you don't constantly open things by accident.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you saying we can fix our scrolling accidentally opening things, with a new 1.9 firmware for the M70003 MID, or is it 1.9 firmware for another device, that we have to modify by installing drivers from the 1.74 firmware? I only have 2 bugs with the 1.74 version, the scrolling issue and the market issue. I don't think I can fix the Market issue, with not enough skills to do the ugly market fix, but I would like the fix the scrolling issue, as that is a real bother.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry, I tested the link before posting.It can be downloaded from the download section of slatedroid. Listed under Eken m001 firmware. Alternately try googling. That is how I found it. Device is very tough (I have not been able to bereak it and I am good at breaking things) but be aware of risk of bricking by flashing. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Everyone...Roger just sent me a test FW and more to follow. It incorporated ALL of the functioning portions of a variety of scripts. Please keep your fingers crossed. This may be it!!!!7:17 pm EDT- Load was successful! rebooting.7:20 pm EDT- Roger, cute android dancing. "ANDROID" test in the middle of the screen now.7:25 pm EDT- The FW loaded...it started. Will need to be tweaked some more. Touchscreen doesn't work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just tried copying the drivers folder from the working 1.74 for M70003 into the M001_Android_v1.9 script and although it booted ok, It disabled the only button on the right, so I cannot get into the device. I tried the same thing using the M003_1.9.0 script, and it did the exact thing, disabled the M70003's button on the right, so no way for me to test the device. The Android dance looked cool.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
spb37;43019 said:
It can be downloaded from the download section of slatedroid. Listed under Eken m001 firmware.
You said the file was called M003_1.9.0.rar but under Eken M001 firmware (Eken M001 - Downloads - SlateDroid - The BIGGEST Android Tablet Forum on the Web!) there's no such file.There is however a file called M001_1.9.0 (crap removed).rar which you find here:M001_1.9.0 (crap removed) - Downloads - SlateDroid - The BIGGEST Android Tablet Forum on the Web!Now is the file name or the section wrong?

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Its going to need changes made to the scriptcmd file, whats confusing is that the firmware has a base file and then what look like customized one depending on the ram (128 or 256).Making changes is going to a bit tricky and I need to research this more, it may take sometime as Im working on a bunch of FW's at the same time (something I didnt expect to be doing when I started this all).

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
1 - 20 of 149 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.