Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi guys, First of all, let me recommend that you don't take this thing apart if you don't have to. The plastic tabs are fragile and there is a lot of very strong double sided tape used to keep this thing together (which IMHO is a good thing cause it adds to the solidity of the unit overall)In short, its a bitch to get apart.and so, without further ado:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll notice there is a harness in the upper left hand corner (with screen facing towards you) that is labeled "com4"

·
Registered
80 Posts
If anybody decides to do this you need to be super careful... it doesn't look like the circuit card assembly is conformal coated which means that ESD (Elecro-Static Discharge) is a bigger problem than normal. Just make sure you're grounded.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote name='roydk740;26688]Hay' date=' I just noticed, is that a damn tiny battery near the cpu. Great, couldn't have put it in a better place.[/QUOTE'] yup, little button battery.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Now let's see some hot novel-on-novel action:pAnyways, it looks like our wireless is a standard mini PCI. Anyone know a better Mini PCI we can shove in there that has good android (or linux) support?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote name='clockworx;26704]Now let's see some hot novel-on-novel [URL=action:pAnyways']action:pAnyways'[/URL] date=' it looks like our wireless is a standard mini PCI. Anyone know a better Mini PCI we can shove in there that has good android (or linux) support?[/QUOTE'] I was just looking into this!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! I think PDN is little heavy. Is there any dead weight that i can remove from it? may be the metal plate under the battery? any idea?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
swasam;26730 said:
Thanks! I think PDN is little heavy. Is there any dead weight that i can remove from it? may be the metal plate under the battery? any idea?
nope that metal plate is part of that grayish plastic assembly. The weight is coming from the battery and screen.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts