Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think I know why it is not working and I have no idea why it works for you.

I just downloaded again the file from the first post (now has 6 files). Extracted and copied to my sdcard.

On my tablet, run Root Explorer and browse to the directory where the files have been extracted.

Tap on AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and choose View. Now tap on the manifest file. You will see that this file is meant to Android 2.2.1 (we are running 2.1 update 1). This is also true on the new file, GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk (it's for 2.2).

All the rest of the files are working and checking them, shows they are for 2.1.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Confirmed, using a proper 2.1 file now I have the Accounts & Sync option, still missing the calendar sync.
bsinclair,

Thank you for brining this to my attention... I will update the files and the OP. I guess I had too many files open at the same time and pulled one from a rom I am working on for a different device.

Updating OP now

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks for the help. I am not sure if I am going to try to fix this. Right now I have:

1. Calengoo doing the calendar sync and it works great

2. Funambol doing the contacts sync, also great
bsinclair,

I am not sure if you are the same bsinclair over on xda but I did notice a post you did where you gave a link to a Coby firmware update dated 1/26/11. All of my mods are based off of the 1.6a firmware put out on 11/29/2010 version 1. I wonder if that is why my files are not working on your tablet? Earlier in this thread you listed your current firmware as Build number MID7015 1.6a_20101124-3, did you indeed run the Coby update back at the end of January? I am just trying to narrow down why it is not working on your tablet and a couple other users from a different forum so that I can come up with a solution for you guys. It would seem that they have changed the structure somehow...

Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nope, I never run that update, I just posted (yes, that's me at xda) because the guys where trying to get bluetooth and I have some comments elsewere saying that after the update they had a bluethooth icon on their kyros.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Cool, I think you would have been dissapointed if you did. Yes there is some Bluetooth resources in that build but there is also in this one. Bummer, I thought I had a place to start...thanks for responding.

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Cheers
I try your procedure in my coby(7015) but not work. I think that databases ar missing, because when I add contact occurs follow error:
The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.

This coby not have nothing write!
3G not work,
Sim slot missing,
Android half,
No 3G/Cdma setting
No calendars sw
NO Contacts sw
HDMI 1080p not work only 720p,
where is microphone?
where is camera?
and your price$$$$$$!

Tks,

JJ

Hello all,

I have decided to switch my dev work over to the Coby Kyros 7015 from the HSG X5A-G. The two tablets are similiar but the Coby is way more responsive. I have only had it for a couple of days now but already have all Google applications working. To kick start things, here are the files you need to push to /system/app to get your Google calendar and Contacts to sync: http://www.mediafire.com/?xybs5e12n5c1xnk . You can also use Root Explorer to paste the files into /system/app but do not forget to hit the Mount R/W button at the top. Also make sure to set the Permissions to match the others applications, RW-R--R--. Once that is done reboot your tablet and you will have a new choice in your settings called "Accounts & Sync". Make sure that Sync Calendar, Sync Contacts and Sync Gmail are all checked. I will be working on a rom for this model but it will only be stock with root. I spent way too much time trying to compile a kernel for the X5 that I got burned out. This tablet really does run smooth the way it is, just add root and Gapps and you are good to go.

Cheers

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi, Cheers
I try your procedure in my coby(7015) but not work. I think that databases ar missing, because when I add contact occurs follow error:
The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.

This coby not have nothing write!
3G not work,
Sim slot missing,
Android half,
No 3G/Cdma setting
No calendars sw
NO Contacts sw
HDMI 1080p not work only 720p,
where is microphone?
where is camera?
and your price$$$$$$!

Tks,

JJ
Hello,

This mod only will work on the factory installed Android 2.1 version 1.6a. If you have this version of Android installed on the tablet and are receiving that specic message then there is only two possible reasons why. The first reason is simple, you are missing one of the 6 files that I included in the zip. There is no need to replace any of them if there is one or two already included on your tablet. The second reason is one that is often the case, the permissions were not changed to match RW-,R--,R--. This is done by press and holding the file in Root Explorer until a sub menu appears, select the Permissions choice and uncheck all except what is indicated in the instructions. You should load a saved Clockwork backup from before you made any changes and start over. If you only copy/paste the files that are missing and follow the instuctions this mod will work 100%. I have no idea on how to comment on the rest of your post?

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the app, it works perfect for me except one minor problem.

The current date shows a White Font on a very light blue background.
On my 7015, I can't see the date unless I tilt the display or select it to make it turn red.
Is there a way to either make the font or background darker?

One other suggestion for an improvement would be to have it display a calendar month as an option.

Thanks for the great app!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts