Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
SpinControl;24245 said:
Anyone report on any Kohl's rebate issues. I read that clockworx's Kohl's rebate got rejected?
I never mailed mine in, because I was relatively sure it would be rejected due to non-matchings SKUs (and I wouldn't have a leg to stand on). It's not worth my time to drive to Kohl's just to get a $15 rebate, so I contacted their customer support via email. I asked if they were going to put up a correct rebate form, or if they could refund $15 to my bill.They said I had bought the wrong item and it was my fault, and no rebate for me. I returned it

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote name='clockworx;24248]I never mailed mine in' date=' because I was relatively sure it would be rejected due to non-matchings SKUs (and I wouldn't have a leg to stand on). It's not worth my time to drive to Kohl's just to get a $15 rebate, so I contacted their customer support via email. I asked if they were going to put up a correct rebate form, or if they could refund $15 to my bill.They said I had bought the wrong item and it was my fault, and no rebate for me. I returned it [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE']Sorry to hear that. When you "returned it", why didn't you talk to a manager? ("It's not worth my time to drive to Kohl's just to get a $15 rebate")BTW, I would not have stood for that. The rebate form clearly shows the Product Item.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
SpinControl;24255]Sorry to hear that. When you said:
http://zspphg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pSoNKbk8k9JTh4536NcraKGAjG1BGhK-lOufg9Wtk17icSQ5Rb-7Nx2ZYRSdxmuggnjHpBYoValamS1gRXS485JuxGo1-71uw/rebate%20pic.jpg?psid=1[/IMG]
That product Item doesn't match the SKU on the box.I didn't talk to a manager because at that point I didn't want to cause any issues with the return. If I want it again, I'll probably go to BBB where they seem to have their act together.I didn't actually think I'd want it again, but it seems likely that the Augen is going to be a POS and the Novel just got the awesome new firmware the day after I returned it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='clockworx;24273]That product Item doesn't match the SKU on the box.I didn't talk to a manager because at that point I didn't want to cause any issues with the return. If I want it again' date=' I'll probably go to BBB where they seem to have their act together.I didn't actually think I'd want it again, but it seems likely that the Augen is going to be a POS and the Novel just got the awesome new firmware the day after I returned it.[/QUOTE']Item# PRD07T20WBL1 matches, no?I thought the issue was that the UPC code did not match.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='SpinControl;24286]Item# PRD07T20WBL1 matches' date=' no?I thought the issue was that the UPC code did not match.[/QUOTE'] Nope, mine is "PRD07T10WWH7". I'm taking a guess that the WW is for white and the BL is for black, and that they posted a rebate for the black one when they didn't actually carry it anywhere yet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote name='clockworx;24298]Nope' date=' mine is "PRD07T10WWH7". I'm taking a guess that the WW is for white and the BL is for black, and that they posted a rebate for the black one when they didn't actually carry it anywhere yet.[/QUOTE']My bad. The old form from Father's Day sale showed:pRD07T10WWH7I guess I will call the rebate center first before hacking up the box.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't mailed mine in yet but I would think a refusal letter complete with copies of everything you submitted to Pandigital would give Kohl's pause not to honor the rebate and at least give you the rebate or a gift card for the amount that was promised. I do think that a few threatening emails to Pandigital describing potential calls to the Better Business Bureau as well as negative feedback on internet forums could go a long way to them changing their tune.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I had tried calling the Kohl's I bought at, and they told me to come in. It literally would have cost me more than $15 to go there just for that.I didn't really want a rebate or a discount by that point. I would have honored my "purchase" with them by doing a mail-in rebate or immediate discount so long as it didn't involve me returning to the store to do so. Once they forced me to come to the store, it was better to just return the damn thing and either get an Augen or get it at BBB at that point.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote name='clockworx;24378]I had tried calling the Kohl's I bought at' date=' and they told me to come in. It literally would have cost me more than $15 to go there just for that.I didn't really want a rebate or a discount by that point. I would have honored my "purchase" with them by doing a mail-in rebate or immediate discount so long as it didn't involve me returning to the store to do so. Once they forced me to come to the store, it was better to just return the damn thing and either get an Augen or get it at BBB at that point.[/QUOTE']I hear you...sometimes it's just the principle.

·
Registered
171 Posts
SpinControl;24374 said:
Did you call the store or did you do it in the store (@ the CS counter)?
When I initially purchased mine I knew the rebate was screwed up. The store manager had scratched out the end date on the rebate as well as the item number for the Novel, and written stuff on the rebate form in ballpoint pen. I knew that would NEVER fly. He told me that if it was refused, then to come in and he would refund the $15. I just called the phone number on the rebate form, confirmed that it would never fly and that they had suspended that rebate promotion because they had screwed it up. I told that to the girl working at the CS counter and she gave me the additional $15 off right when I made my original purchase. After my coupon code, the PM to the old pricing, the instant rebate amount, and a silly Kohl's screw up I ended up charging $12 and some change to my Kohl's card and walked out with a Novel. I was a happy camper that day. LOL

·
Registered
143 Posts
My rebates were rejected (both of them) because it says "Missing Purchase Dates" on the online tracking service. I sent an e-mail to Pandigital earlier today demanding that they fulfill my refund or I'll file complaints with the FTC as well as the BBB...I'll wait a day or two to see if they respond to my e-mail, but if not I already have the letters to the FTC and BBB typed up, and I won't hesistate to send 'em to the appropriate agencies and let them deal with Pandigital. I no longer have any of my Novels, and now that I know what kind of company Pandigital is I am grateful I was able to get rid of them all within a decent time frame. PANDIGITAL CAN SUCK A 17 INCH LONG PENIS! LONG LIVE THE AUGEN GENTOUCH78!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
bmurphr1;25402 said:
PANDIGITAL CAN SUCK A 17 INCH LONG PENIS! LONG LIVE THE AUGEN GENTOUCH78!
Seriously? Augen lied about their clock speed, lied about the devices abilities (market and OTG, just off the top of my head), and couldn't be bothered to update their tablet with the correct headphone jack for their market.

·
Registered
361 Posts
bmurphr1;25402 said:
My rebates were rejected (both of them) because it says "Missing Purchase Dates" on the online tracking service. snip
Where are they saying that this date is missing? On the rebate form? I don't remember what was on the form. Also, I thought it was a BB&B rebate & not Pandigital!

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
This conversation is not particularly civil anymore and I may have to start editing. Let's try to keep body part references and personal attacks to a minimum. He doesn't have a PDN anymore, he doesn't like the PDN or Pandigital, maybe he can start posting under the Augen threads instead. I see a lot of parallels between the augen and the PDN, and I think they're about to have a similar trajectory. Half-baked devices at release, with apparently active support. Very similar specs even.I do find it odd that people are angry over the rebate when we all knew the form was inaccurate, that Kohl's was honoring the rebate at the door because the form was inaccurate, and people were getting these for, in some cases, 70% or more off anyway. Some people... ahem... actually MADE money profiteering on the discounts. I also wonder how happy these same people will be when K-mart is less liberal with returns... Anyway... Keep it clean.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.