Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Since AirTV is Google Play compatible out of the box, I was able to get on Google Play (from the Apps menu at the bottom of My TV), search for Kodi (Jarvis 16.1) and install it with no issues. No problem with adding various video add-ons. Relatively easy to navigate through Kodi with AirTV's default remote.

The only issue I have with the current setup is I haven't found a way to get file info from Kodi video files. Before I was able to mouse right click or program an IR remote with a FLIRC to obtain this info. Not sure how to get this info ATM with the default remote. I also wish the voice recognition function of the remote could work within the Kodi app, but unfortunately not so I'm left to hen picking letters when searching for video files.

Please post your experience below.

smithmal

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JH,

Have you been able to install Kodi and have it running and install addons? My Kodi AirTV app just updated to Kodi 17 (Krypton). I confess that I haven't installed a build yet as build's tend to become outdated and links broken overtime. I prescribe to Solo Man's mentality regarding using Kodi builds. Is there a build you'd like me to test?

smithmal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts