Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one I picked from Geebkazoo's depository didn't work on any of my FW upgrades.I don't have GE/Market, and in a present state of orientation madness/Padlock spyware, don't intend to go that way, thank you.So please, could someone show me the link to download to my PC a (latest) working copy of kobo .apk, preferrably not of Borders' flavour.Some other questions:1. What people here use for their Text-To-Speech needs? Can Aldiko work with TTS plugin/addon, and if not which reader can?2. Any multilingual addons to Aldiko and/or any other ereaders? Like fonts, glyphs, multilingual voices, whatever.3. I'm a starving artist, so to speak (ia2009.deviantart.com). So, I don't really buy many books. But I would love to reach to my favorite book depositories while au plein air. Anyone knows a good, stable bittorrent app for PDN?Thank you.

·
Registered
784 Posts
The Kobo application works but behaves strangely on the PDN. You must have WiFi turned off BEFORE loading Kobo. Once loaded, you can turn Wifi on and connect to Kobo's B&N store and do whatever you need to do. If you have books already DL'd, then you can keep WiFi turned off until you need it. The Nook app, on the other hand, will NOT work unless you apply the hack mentioned in one of the other threads. Sorry, but for now, it iz what it iz.........

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote name='geebekazoo;38168]The Kobo application works but behaves strangely on the PDN. You must have WiFi turned off BEFORE loading Kobo. Once loaded' date=' you can turn Wifi on and connect to Kobo's B&N store and do whatever you need to do. If you have books already DL'd, then you can keep WiFi turned off until you need it. The Nook app, on the other hand, will NOT work unless you apply the hack mentioned in one of the other threads. Sorry, but for now, it iz what it iz.........[/QUOTE']tinkering with WiFi On/Off is more for our gurus. I thought Market had a newer, better version. If not, let them kobo themselves. Here we are holding the first handy and cheap color Android ereader, and that Kobo can't kobo anything.Any other multilingual, multiformat TTS-able ereaders? Thank you

·
Registered
75 Posts
[quote name='aludal;38207]tinkering with WiFi On/Off is more for our gurus. [/QUOTE]No guru status needed. Literally' date=' just click on the kobo icon and launch the app [I']before [/I]wifi goes green (whether you go out of range, wake it up from sleep, whatever). Once the app launches, then turn the wifi back on or go back into wifi range. Easy peasy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.