Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi There,

Trying to gather some problems i'm experiencing using the Ainol Novo7 Venus. Hopefully we will have a list of problems that will be adressed in coming firmwareupdates.

• Audio not in Sync for HD Content
  • Safely Remove SDCard in Settings leads to some Apps not starting anymore (probably those that are installed to internal sdcard, softreset required)
  • WakeLock by process 1013 (AudioOut_2) leads to low battery life (happens sometimes, dont know how to reproduce)

please add what you are noticing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi There,

Trying to gather some problems i'm experiencing using the Ainol Novo7 Venus. Hopefully we will have a list of problems that will be adressed in coming firmwareupdates.

• Audio not in Sync for HD Content
  • Safely Remove SDCard in Settings leads to some Apps not starting anymore (probably those that are installed to internal sdcard, softreset required)
  • WakeLock by process 1013 (AudioOut_2) leads to low battery life (happens sometimes, dont know how to reproduce)

please add what you are noticing
The mediastorage process goes crazy sometimes (even with very few pictures on the device) causes battery drain.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Touchscreen bugs........scroll one side things selected others side (in settings)/BBC or Flipboard...article dancing = phantom touches.
WIFI not connecting to networks previously connectable with Fire
Stock ROM seriously laggy
Cannot browse to EXFAT partition(for transfer on 4GB+ files from OSX) with any file explorer.Something called FUSE was not included in the build to enable such patching of non-windows partition formatting.
Stock Superuser not allowing permissions when set to "allow" in settings panel...= Superuser Pro upgrade needed.

I'm onto local a/s to get an exchange or different tablet altogether. 2nd Ainol/2nd bad exp. Pity there are no nice white tabs same price without the Ainol poor software/hardware build.
If I install 0203 bang goes my warranty along with the wiped stock ROM, and I don't want to find out touchscreen was a hardware not software bug after going to 0203 which looks a bit techie to install for the novice user.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've installed ADB drivers for my Novo7 Venus, however "adb devices" still doesn't see it and I cannot deploy apps from Eclipse directly to it (it doesn't see it). So right now I cannot directly develop using the Venus. Anyone got any idea?

·
Registered
62 Posts
sd card removed unexpectedly....always happened to me.
Ah, the joys of AINOL. I got my replacement tab today and sat right next to wifi with both of them....one had full signal and the one that is getting sent back had one bar less. A real mystery bag of a tablet.
My superuser would not allow default permission on the first one but second one OK.
Need to find a WIN PC to flash it anyway to stop whatever bottleneck that freezes it all the time with the current software.

·
Registered
6 Posts
wifi connectivity issue and signal strength issue too.

sometimes it takes a longer to load.

When i remove usb from otg connector it shows device removes unexpectedly.

when tablet is connected to charger, sometimes touch panel doesnot work properly. i click on another application and it opens other.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Venus will not connect to Google. Every time I try I get a message like "unfortunately, Google has stopped" or: "no connection " (play store), Unfortunately, Google+ has stopped, etc etc.

Please Help!
Could you give us some more data, i.e. what ROM you have, since when this is happening etc...from what I read, you could erase your google account, erase all data in google services/play store (from "apps" tab in settings) and reboot so it can start over without any data.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could you give us some more data, i.e. what ROM you have, since when this is happening etc...from what I read, you could erase your google account, erase all data in google services/play store (from "apps" tab in settings) and reboot so it can start over without any data.
I am running 4.1.1. It happens whenever I try to use anything Google, or randomly, as when I just opened "Settings" to check the Rom. If I erase my Google account will I be able to retrieve my Google Email account?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am running 4.1.1. It happens whenever I try to use anything Google, or randomly, as when I just opened "Settings" to check the Rom. If I erase my Google account will I be able to retrieve my Google Email account?
You will erase the account from your tablet only, you will redo the setup process again with email etc and all you data will be there

Sent from my Ainol Venus using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks so much for your kind attention! Can you tell me how to erase the account from my Venus?
You will go to "settings", scroll down to find your google account(it might be inside the "accounts and sync" option), tap on it and then tap the 3 dots on the upper right corner of the tab and select "remove account" or something like that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.