Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
has anyone else tried it? i'm on my second book on it. the first one was ok - the second one seems to have some formatting issues he m001 doesn' like, it seems to get stuck for a second or two. other books seem ok. this version seems still pretty buggy. it's a shame cuz its the main reason i got the apad.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
[quote name='Henlai10;11853]I'm in the U.S. and was able to put a free book on via Amazon.com. The free book works pretty well. But when I tried to convert a pdf using Mobipocket creater and put it on' date=' the app would always force close.[/QUOTE'] The android app is only a kindle reader not a mobi or prc reader. They only way to read a non amazon .mobi file to to turn off wi/fi. the app crashes when synch fails to find the .mobi file on amazon.Ticked off by this as I have tons of books from Baen I can read on my kindle or PC app but cannot read on my slatedroid.Contacted amazon about this and their reply was basically yes the app wont read mobi or .prc files.

·
Registered
27 Posts
on other platforms, inlcuding the real kindle and on PC, you can read mobi files. i have some converted books that were given to me that i have read. the trick is knowing where to stash the file. on kindle and PC versions, there are specific directories you need to put the files in. don't know if this is the same thing on the android though.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
mogrith;17306 said:
The android app is only a kindle reader not a mobi or prc reader. They only way to read a non amazon .mobi file to to turn off wi/fi. the app crashes when synch fails to find the .mobi file on amazon.Ticked off by this as I have tons of books from Baen I can read on my kindle or PC app but cannot read on my slatedroid.Contacted amazon about this and their reply was basically yes the app wont read mobi or .prc files.
New version released now reads non-amazon books. I'm glad it does but Amazons reply could have been better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.