Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried this out? Supposed to be "tablet friendly" and have an internal dictionary.

Any pointers to a non-market apk link would be appreciated.

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
It works well on the WPDN. Dictionary can be downloaded after install, by opening up a book and long pressing on a word in the text. A prompt will pop-up regarding the download. Running KG's 2.1.1 with GAPPS, original framework, no-JIT.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It works well on the WPDN. Dictionary can be downloaded after install, by opening up a book and long pressing on a word in the text. A prompt will pop-up regarding the download. Running KG's 2.1.1 with GAPPS, original framework, no-JIT.
cool! I was going to check it out this weekend. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
7 Posts
HI! Where do I find this FW you have. I am having a heckuva time w/KINDLE APP. I have FW v1.1.o w/GAPPS , I can read certain books. Some download on the app just perfect after they sync but a majority I get that REMOVE AND RE DOWNLOAD & then its always a INVALID ITEM after about a gazillion tries I may get it but not usually
Thank you

·
Registered
56 Posts
Having trouble getting the dictionary. It appears to download then says it didn't and do I want to remove and redownload. I've tried several times. I'm on WPDN running kewlguy's 2.1.0 GAPPS with 2.1.1 supplement. I had JIT but removed it when couldn't download dictionary. No change. Maybe it only downloads when you have a paid book. I only have free Kindle books. Any ideas? The possibility of accessing a dictionary offline while reading is appealing. My Sony 600 has that, but I read more on my PDN than I do on my reader now. Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't know what to tell you. I've only got 5 free books in my Kindle bookshelf. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Kindle app. Perhaps there was something funky going on at Amazon at the time that you were installing.
Thanks, geebekazoo. I think because I had just upgraded to the 3.0, and it was working ( I could read the books), it didn't occur to me to reinstall. The dictionary is now on my device.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI! Where do I find this FW you have. I am having a heckuva time w/KINDLE APP. I have FW v1.1.o w/GAPPS , I can read certain books. Some download on the app just perfect after they sync but a majority I get that REMOVE AND RE DOWNLOAD & then its always a INVALID ITEM after about a gazillion tries I may get it but not usually
Thank you
I am having the same trouble with latest firmware and gapps. Kindle force closes after first open. I downloaded kindle from market.

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply. These were the files I used also. I also flashed a probably unnecessary file for kindle which may have caused the problem. Right now I have reverted back to stock (PD_Novel 3011.03.02) and just adding apps manually. Kindle now reads all files without a hitch. I will keep my eye on future updates and may try to get a little more functionality in the future. Amazing little device for the money!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you
Exactly same problem here. Using latest Kindle from Market on Kewlguy's 2.11 GAPPS FW.
Wish some guru can sort it out.
Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts