Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rec me some good ones! I'd even consider paid ones. The stock keyboard just doesn't keep up well with the speed at which I type, and is constantly skipping letters.I tried Slide It and didn't really like that whole concept, so anything BUT that will be considered.Oh, and does anyone know how to make the aPad stop suggesting and auto correcting "and" and "an" to "Android"? That's getting really annoying.

· Registered
40 Posts
[quote name='justbishop;16193]Oh' date=' and does anyone know how to make the aPad stop suggesting and auto correcting "and" and "an" to "Android"? That's getting really annoying.[/QUOTE']Settings > Locale & text > Android keyboard > Quick fixes = uncheck

· Registered
247 Posts
I've got Better Keyboard, you can download loads of skins for it free. I use it with the 'Black Light' skin which gives black keys with well defined white borders, it also gives suggestions for words you are typing underneath the text box, not in it. Don't know how it or any other keyboard does for speed, that might be a pad/android thing and you may just have to adjust your typing speed down.

· Registered
90 Posts
I've used the following......SlideIT, free demo from the market. Not sure how long it runs for. My demo of it on my nokia lasted a while before asking me to buy. To buy it I believe it costs around 5 euros (approx $8).AnysoftKeyboard, available free from the market. I currently use this as mt default board. It is so much better than the stock keyboard. Not sure about skins etc.

· Registered
3 Posts
I've used the following......SlideIT, free demo from the market. Not sure how long it runs for. My demo of it on my nokia lasted a while before asking me to buy. To buy it I believe it costs around 5 euros (approx $
.AnysoftKeyboard, available free from the market. I currently use this as mt default board. It is so much better than the stock keyboard. Not sure about skins etc.
Swype currently has some issues with different screen sizes (the Xoom, for example) as google have changed something on the way the screen size is reported to the OS. The next release should correct issues for some tablets not currently able to install Swype. Based upon my experience Swype is much better than SlideIT. And it's free.

· Registered
7 Posts
Rec me some good ones! I'd even consider paid ones. The stock keyboard just doesn't keep up well with the speed at which I type, and is constantly skipping letters.I tried Slide It and didn't really like that whole concept, so anything BUT that will be considered.Oh, and does anyone know how to make the aPad stop suggesting and auto correcting "and" and "an" to "Android"? That's getting really annoying.
I've been using AnySoft Keyboard. It doesn't have the skinning of Better Keyboard, but I like it. You can turn off autocorrect in it. And it's got loads of options for most diacritics.

R.
==

· Registered
3 Posts
I like Hackers Keyboard look like your PC keyboard you don't have to keep switching between screens

· Registered
27 Posts
Another vote for Better Keyboard. I have tried it on 2 different low end tabs. On the Cruz, it made a night and day difference; the keyboard was almost unusable before. On a Curtis with better sensitivity, it was an improvement and allo0ws faster typing.

· Registered
13 Posts
I'm looking for a split keyboard, I have a widescreen 7 inch tablet running an uberoid build of Froyo. I usually hold it in landscape orientation. Ergonomically speaking a two thumb, split qwerty keyboard, with half a keyboard in each lower corner seems like a logical layout since that's where my hands naturally rest when I'm holding it in two hands in my lap. Any ideas?

· Registered
11 Posts
I'm looking for a split keyboard, I have a widescreen 7 inch tablet running an uberoid build of Froyo. I usually hold it in landscape orientation. Ergonomically speaking a two thumb, split qwerty keyboard, with half a keyboard in each lower corner seems like a logical layout since that's where my hands naturally rest when I'm holding it in two hands in my lap. Any ideas?
Thumb Keyboard has a split keyboard. You can see all their different keyboard layouts at their webpage HERE.

HERE is a webpage that lists the types of software keyboards, a link to reviews of them, and gives some recommendations.

· Registered
20 Posts
I finally change my keyboard (after about 3 mon. of frustration w/ the stock one) recently to GO Keyboard. It's definitely far better than the original stock one and I'm actually elated to a functioning full dictionary that guesses my input better than w/ the original. Plus I like the fact that it has themes too.

· Registered
13 Posts
Thumb Keyboard has a split keyboard. You can see all their different keyboard layouts at their webpage HERE.

HERE is a webpage that lists the types of software keyboards, a link to reviews of them, and gives some recommendations.
Thanks for the tip. After some more searching I ended up going with Swiftkey Tablet X free from the Market, which wasn't listed on that roundup. I like it so far, can't think of a compelling reason to pay for a different one just yet. If I do end up switching, I'll post to what I changed to and why I changed.

edit/ Oh I see, predictions are only free for a month. well we'll see after a month how much I miss them!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.