Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 120 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my first post, so I'll try to be concise and complete.

I have the WPDN, and I'm stuck in a really nasty flash loop. This all started with me flashing the CyanogenMod 6.1 beta. It installed fine, and everything was running well. I'm getting ready to send it back as I've discovered I'm getting a different tablet, so I wanted to bring it back to stock. Having used kewlguy's flash fixes prior to coming to 6.1, I thought it would be the best move to use them again to make sure that the firmware I flashed would take properly (For the record, I was planning to flash the 3/2 SH20 package).

I put the first file (fixbootloop) on my external SD, rebooted to recovery and let it flash. It went all the way through, and attempted to flash back to CM6. It didn't make it - it would loop at the boot animation (the word android in silver), occasionally showing the lockscreen. I didn't think it would be a problem to keep going, so I took out the external SD, put the second file on it (the one to merge everything to one FAT partition), and rebooted to recovery again. It started to flash, but got about 20% through the progress meter and then gave the Android exclamation image.

Now I'm in a real bind. I can't seem to flash anything. I'm still at the bootloop stage, but I've tried the stock package (3/2 SH20), the CM6.1 package, and even the Honeycomb package. They all fail at the same point.

I've cleaned off the external SD card (full format in windows), which is also having issues, as the 8GB card is now showing about half capacity (I'm assuming it's because the other half is yaffs formatted, and Windows doesn't understand that).

Other things I've tried (in the interest of full disclosure - I realize some of these may have been dumb maneuvers):
Pulling the internal SD card and formatting it on my Android phone - no change.
Using ADB to push the .img files (as mentioned in the "Step 3" post about fixing bootloops) - ADB sees the phone, lets me push files, but does not run shell.
Pushed the /system/bin and /system/xbin folders from my Android phone (to try and fix the no-shell issue) - ADB now sees the shell, but complains about permission errors.

I read on another post (titled Stuck Not Flashing) that I could put the flash files on the internal SD card and flash that way. I'm planning to try that as my next step. Does anyone else have any advice on how I can resolve this situation?

(By the way, I apologize for quasi-hijacking the thread, but as I used the tools here to get to where I am (totally my fault - great tools, PEBKAC/PICNIC), I thought that the people with the most experience and know-how would be in this location to help me with my problem.)

Sorry - should have been more clear on that.

In ADB, when I type "adb shell", it returns an error (close to, I don't have it in front of me right now):
exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: Permission denied (13)

Which is still better than the "no such file" error I was getting prior to dropping the /system/bin and /system/xbin files through ADB.

The problem is that without a functional shell, I can't do the "flash bootloader.img" (and similar) commands from ADB.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a shot when I have the tablet in front of me, and post back the results.
Just wanted to say thanks again for the reply. I ended up following the directions in the "stuck on flash" post (putting the installer file directly on the internal sd card), and that fixed my problems.

Okay, I'm fairly new but I've been around the block at least once with my Droid X. I picked up 2 of the pandigital novels (white) for my kids (8 and 10). To make a long story short, I didn't read anything before I went to the PD website and updated to the sh20 FW. I wanna go back! I've followed, to the best of my knowledge, the steps for kewlguy's flashback fix and partition fix but I get the Angry Andy everytime I try to flash either of them. Help?

Thanks ahead of time,

Tove

You can only have one fw file on the external or internal SD and it must be zipped.
yup, I read that and made certain to remove all zips aside from the one I'm trying to flash from the internal and external. the internal is partitioned from the PD website upgrade, is there a zip file in the linux partition that I'm not seeing?

Edit: My external card that only has the zip on it when I try to flash it comes back with a lost.dir when I pull it out of the Novel. I did a long format on the card just to be sure that there wasn't anything lingering.

Edit again: Alright, lesson learned: Don't rename the .zip files.

the good: Fixflash and partfix worked.

the bad: now my sd card is partitioned.....

Edit again: Success! Flashed back to 11-19, now which FW is froyo?

OK so I am new to all the tablet stuff and just got my husband a WPDN. It was running a semi-android system when I got it. (im guessing from the posts I have read and the googling I have done, that this was the PD update??)
When I got it, I gave it to him right away to see if he liked it. And we discovered that it was pretty much useless. I googled how to hack it (i knew someone was smart enough to figure it out) and found several link-backs to Slatedroid. So I followed a youtube video on how to set it to Eclair, and I now have it in a flash loop. So I googled how to reset it completely and found this thread. I am getting ready to run the fix, I really hope this works. I am NOT at all knowledgeable with this kinda stuff and I really DONT want to brick my husbands new tablet. THAT would suck.

ETA: It worked and I have now loaded from this: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/15444-alternate-wpdn-firmware-op-based-opdn-current-version-211/

I used the GAPPS. But now the Market wont work??

I am also having some issues. Admittedly I did not do enough reading before jumping into this. So I have a 7" white novel and managed to get SD_PDN_5.02B_GE_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.ZIP flashed to the tablet. Now I have the BN Book shelf and the newer FW from 2011 on the same device. I encountered a few exclamation points along the way and was surprised it didnt brick. Anyways, after 3 days now of reading, reading, reading, I am fairly certain my head is going to explode. I just want this thing to run smooth with angry birds on it for my niece. Anyone got any clues on how I can do this. I have found alot of info on the different FW's and such but I have no clue as to what order I am supposed to do things....Im that slow! And to think I work on airplane avionics for a living! Any help with this is much appreciated.

I recommend the FW mentioned in the post just above yours. Then install the angry birds from the first post in that thread also. That is the only version that kindof works OK on the WPDN.
ok just to clarify I am going to put the 2.1.0 FW on the sd card and flash it to the the device then remove the FW from the sd card and put the supplement on the same way?

edit.....I flashed OPDN v2.1.0 GAPPS and the device is working much better but the market is dead. I followed the instructions but must have missed the window of opportunity wehre I run the market for a 2nd time and download a app. When I open the market I get the market UI but it says "no matching content in Android Market" I tried setting the date and time back 24 hours and it did nothing. I cannot locate where I can log in to a second account for the market so I have not tried that yet.

I recently bought three of the WPDN's for my kids for Christmas and, to keep things safe, have been tooling around with only one of them. I used kewlguy's OPDN 2.1.0 BASE and his OPDN 2.1.1 Supplement and have been very pleased with the performance. I would like for the internal SD card to not be split, however. I have a 4 GB external card for each tablet, but I'd like to keep that just for "media". Would flashing the partition removal software mentioned at the top of this thread be advisable? Or is there other some way that I have missed?

The market hack has broken again on the WPDN. Unless someone figures out how to fix it, an there are few developers working on anything but ICS right now on here, the only work around I have heard on is going to market on your PC and installing an app to your WPDN. This has been reported to work, although I have not tried it yet.

I was able to DL a few apps from the amazon market to the device. Angry Birds is still buggy but it works. I ended up flashing OPDN v.2.1.0 BASE. For now Its livable and for the amount of money I have tied up in this thing it aint so bad....I do wish I had full access to the market though. I have 2 more of these PDNs so we will see what I come up with.

I was able to DL a few apps from the amazon market to the device. Angry Birds is still buggy but it works. I ended up flashing OPDN v.2.1.0 BASE. For now Its livable and for the amount of money I have tied up in this thing it aint so bad....I do wish I had full access to the market though. I have 2 more of these PDNs so we will see what I come up with.
For a fix (for now, until Google screws something else up) go here:

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/15444-alternate-wpdn-firmware-op-based-opdn-current-version-211/page__pid__281972__st__780#entry281972

...and read posts #789 to the end.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.