Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had the Apad for a couple of days and its already having random shut downs, all the time. I would turn it back on and it would shut down agiain.

·
Registered
324 Posts
That does not sound very good. Does it do that all the time or just sometimes? You might want to try to put it back to factory settings if it only does it sometimes. Might be a bad application you installed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote name='Susaaan;11670]Only had the Apad for a couple of days and its already having random shut downs' date=' all the time. I would turn it back on and it would shut down agiain.[/QUOTE'] I got this behaviour just after i flashed the newer Firmware 0530, and still have it with Rogers 5.1 custom one. It stopped when i turned of the sensor, so try to disable it: Home - Settings - Sound & Display - Orientation, before it shuts down again unexpectedly...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am having the same problem. The Apad will not turn itself off if a pc is connected to the usb port. Disabling the orientation sensor did not help unfortunately.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same problem with mine and it's driveing me nuts. I have the Irobot one with the Aluminum back on it. I just got it a fiew days ago and there are some build problems with it. Ipod like button is not very high grade and the power plug is not very stable ether. If I tap to hard on the screen " not very hard at all " it will power off. If I don't touch it, it's fine. I played music with it all day and it was fine but as soon as I picked it up to update stuff on face book it powered off.
, I will try and take it apart to see if I can fine the source of the problem. There are some problems with the connector for the screen from what I have read on other posts. This may be releated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I found out, that if i even think of touching the on/off switch on the right side, it suddenly goes completly off.So i try to avoid that, seems to be some short circuit going on, at least with mine...

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Seriously look into sending it back if possible. It won't get any better, and QC in these is notoriously suspect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I falshed with win7 64 bit - no problems at all and fastI have sporadic screen off problem. Used F/w 1.3 from the "my apad" site. A nice build but ended up reflashing it every 30 minutes or so because the screen would turn off and I was unable to get it back. Sometimes Rogers suggestion of pressing front surface button with back button a couple of times in quick succession would bring it back - but not always. After switching it off/on it would go to start up screen and then blank out. I switched to the Hybrid 6 beta and this is more stable - I can now always get the screen back by powering off and on but the screen still turns off on occasion. On this image the front button does not behave consistently - after power up I can suspend and reactivate by pressing the button but after a small amount of usage the suspend function no longer works and in fact I have been unable to find a way of suspending - I resort to switching the device off completely. These two suspend related issues could well be relatedI don't believe that this is a hardware issue - the factory rom had none of these issues but was slow and full of mixed chinese/english so needed to be fixed and the hybrid firmware releases does this excellently. Unfortunately I think it has introduced instability in the area of screen power offs and button programming functions

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually, it could be a h/w issue. Tested out Hakaiders issue and if I gently touch the on-off slider switch a few times without moving it i can get it to turn off
Could it be that the aluminium shell is acting as a conductor of some kind?Hakaider, is yours the aluminium shell one?

·
Registered
15 Posts
3exponl;13908 said:
I am having the same problem. The Apad will not turn itself off if a pc is connected to the usb port. Disabling the orientation sensor did not help unfortunately.
I have the same problem any news?

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote name='Lister;17241]Could it be that the aluminium shell is acting as a conductor of some kind?Hakaider' date=' is yours the aluminium shell one?[/QUOTE']Nope, mine is a plastic one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I fixed mine by taking it apart!It was a bit fiddly but not complicated been using it off an on now for a few hours without a problem so hopefully I'm good nowI think you void whatever warranty you may have but couldn't face shipping mine back to china for a connection problem

·
Registered
11 Posts
reseated the screen connector tape back into the connector which I don't think was properly connected before. Looking at the u tube video the guy had more insulating tape covering the top of the connector (which is also aluminium) than I had on mine so I put a bit of extra insulating tape over the top of the connector just to make sure it was well isolated from the body. This thing is tiny and difficult to connect - it's quite fiddly. I'll bet they're put together in a factory by hand and I'm guessing but that may be why they have these type of quality issues. Not sure which of these actions did the trick but it seems fine now. I also secured the battery with a couple of bits of tape because it was free to move about a bit

·
Registered
11 Posts
reseated the screen tape connector which I don't believe was properly inserted before. Also put more insulating tape on top of the connector housing because the u tube picture showed an image of the insides with more insulation cover than I had on mine. Its a tiny connector and pretty fiddly - I'll bet they're put together by hand in the factory and that could be the reason for the quality issues people are seeing in this area. I also taped down the battery to stop it moving around but I dont believe this makes any difference - I just don't like to see things that can slide about

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually still turns off from time to time but not like before when i just had to stroke it a few times to get a power off. Now it seems to last out for 30 minutes / 1 hour or more before turning off - seemingly with no input stimulus. This is irritating but usable. Before I opened it up it wouldn't last 5 minutes and the power off was definitely touch/movement sensitive. It looks like there are multiple reasons for getting random power shut downs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I have a APAD without camera. with HybridKangXau rom v1.3 and I was the same. I tried to open the APAD and I did not succeed because it is very hard to take away the black. but try this out a bit and think it is not quenched. is possible to mount at least mine, pressed a lot and makes it turns off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, Did anyone find out the cause of this auto off ? Mine still has this problem and I can't send it back as they refused to change it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts