Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is still considering whether or not to get one, here are my first impressions. I am a product quality engineer at Logitech, but I'll leave it up to you to decide whether it makes my opinions more trustworthy or not. :)I ran the original firmware just long enough to make sure the thing was working, and upgraded to ecotox 1.1.1. Battery life is not as bad as I was expecting. As an ebook reader, I think it will be fine. As an mp3 player, it's surprisingly good. I noticed no hiss or bad eq, which annoys me on other cheap devices. I switched to home++, and love it, especially the fact that it doesn't bother with useless animations. Network connectivity was a piece of cake. I have connected to WPA, WPA2, and WEP networks with no problems. Finding and installing apps seems okay. The web browsing is a bit poky, but not bad.On the down side: the headphone connector has an intermittent connection, so I'll be breaking the thing open to have a look. Hopefully just a poor solder joint that can be fixed easily. The unit does get uncomfortably warm during use in two spots: the left side of the nav wheel (when holding in ebook mode) and on the back side slightly below center. The video playback quality is bad. I guess the CPU just doesn't have the guts for 30fps playback. Someday I will own a 7-inch device that can play 30fps content at full resolution, dammit. Youtube videos play, but in small format in the center of the screen, and with lots of artifacs and "blockiness".In general, I'm astonished that someone can put together something this cool for $100. I'm not going to get one for my mom for Christmas, but I'm sure looking forward to hacking on it myself.I'd like to find an image slideshow with a random mode that shows all the files in a directory and advances by tapping or one of the button pushes, and I will continue my hunt to find the best video quality!Looking forward to lots more fun with my new tablet!Chris O

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to Slatedroid Chris. I have an M001 too and i love it. Dig the threads:) there is a new youtube app which plays the youtube videos in more watchable quality than the stock/earlier one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.