Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plugged it in when I got it (to the wall), and it showed battery status as CHARGING.Now I'm down to 27%, and it doesn't seem to charge with the unit ON or OFF...This happening to anyone else?When it's off, aren't the LEDs supposed to be on when it's charging? Mine does nothing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You may have a power adapter issue, many , such as myself had dead power cords on arrival. Some actually lasted and charged the device up to 20 minutes, truly. Try a different power adapter and see if it charges. When the power is off the LED should be blue when it is charging. I had to go out and buy a universal power adapter. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=brie987 link=topic=479.msg4025#msg4025 date=1275424903]You may have a power adapter issue, many , such as myself had dead power cords on arrival. Some actually lasted and charged the device up to 20 minutes, truly. Try a different power adapter and see if it charges. When the power is off the LED should be blue when it is charging. I had to go out and buy a universal power adapter. Good luck.[/quote]That's what I was afraid of...I'm at work, and we have a bunch of power adapters, but no 9v with the smaller tip plug.Guess I'm going back to Frys tonight (might as well bring a sleeping bag at this rate).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Try to turn the power in the hole by swivelling it around like a screw. I think some of these units have a poor connection in the actual device.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=shabbir0 link=topic=479.msg4033#msg4033 date=1275426013]Try to turn the power in the hole by swivelling it around like a screw. I think some of these units have a poor connection in the actual device.[/quote]lol, tried that!Really upset about this too...I was up until 2am this morning reading the 40pg thread where ECOTOX has been "the man" and even got a functional update without having his own m001 to play with! Anticipating that I'd be updating today, but now I'm left with no charge, and a fear of a brick because of the lack of charge. Frys, here I come! (in 2.5 hours)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got my charger, and it's currently getting a full charge before I update firmware!$12.99 @ Frys!9v 1.2a

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same here. The AC adapter DOA. I went to Radio Shack $20.......The M001 is cool and a bargain. But the software is limited.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$20 at Radio Shack?I stopped there first. They wanted over $30 for the power piece, and another $7 for the tip.That's about 1/3 the cost of the m001, so I walked out and left.As far as software goes, I've been browsing SlideME and there's quite the selection.What is it you're looking for?

·
Registered
13 Posts
It seems that these chargers have some major issues. I would suggest looking around the house. I found a old cell phone charger that fit mine perfectly and no more problems!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem at some time... but it turned out that the adaptor was too short to make contact to the wall's plug... so i just tried a different plug... it's all right now!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update- I emailed Deal Extreme, they sent me a new ac adapter which works fine. They also sent me the missing usb/data cable. Cable also works fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got One of these bout 6 days ago and today while playin a game, it turned off. Now it wont turn back on although it had a full battery. Anyone know a solution?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Twizted;3978][quote author=brie987 link=topic=479.msg4025#msg4025 date=1275424903]You may have a power adapter issue said:
That's what I was afraid of...I'm at work, and we have a bunch of power adapters, but no 9v with the smaller tip plug.Guess I'm going back to Frys tonight (might as well bring a sleeping bag at this rate).
In case someone else has the problem of their power adapter going out and they have a 9v adapter sitting around that doesn't have the correct tip... just snip the tip that fits and splice it onto the spare adapter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts