Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,finally my A81E arrived from JTShop :)I'm a first time Android user and my biggest problem currently is, the language is set to Chinese and I don't have the slightest clue how to set it to english. I've been looking around but in the menu but i'm lost. Please describe how to set it to english :)Second, from what I understand, if I hold the "Home" button, a menu appears which seems to be some kind of task manager which shows current active apps. But if I click on one of the active apps, it goes into the foreground but immediately disappears again, which gets me back to the "desktop". What am I doing wroing?I'm sure i'll have many more questions, but for now setting it to english to me would be awesome.Thanks!

·
Banned
205 Posts
at homescreen press menu button (bottom) on menu press settings-last on rightselect language&keyboard fifth from the BOTTOMselect language first button from topselect english second button from topas far as the home button this is a known bug, if you hold home and press your app and let go of both at the exact same time is sometimes works. sometimes works normally too.I really suggest reading all the forum posts from the first to last. lots of good info for the new user.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I found a workaround for the home button bug. If you hold down Home till the task switcher screen appears, then keep holding home and press back at the same time, the task switcher will stay on screen when you release both buttons. You can then choose a task to switch to and it works ok.Edit:Well, I can't always get it to work that way. There's still some effort in getting the timing right, but it often works for me...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Actually I noticed, on firmware 08/31 that if you hold down home button for 2-3 sec then the recent ap p screen will pop up an stay.you have to time it almost right, first hold down till it pop s up then release button, it will probably disappear.then try hold it down for more than 3 secs, let go. If it still disappear then hold down longer or less to find the timing, once you find it it will be easierSent from my A81E using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just tried it again but it want as easy as last night...an a bit hit or missSent from my A81E using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts