Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from Kohl's that a Novel is waiting for me to pick up on raincheck. It will be a couple of hours before I can head over there after work.I'll post info about which version it is (black???) and the total cost later tonight.Anyone else get a call?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the call too and picked mine up after work. It's the white one, but they gave me all the discounts, including $15 off for the expired rebate, then when I got home I saw that it was back on sale with a new rebate. I've just played with it a little bit, and I don't hate it, but I'd love to see it rooted and usable, with some sort of button work around.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I now have three... $40 in Kohl's cash...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is this available online yet? I ordered it from Kohls online at 12 am, my order when through then a couple days later I received the cancelled or rather the "order accuracy" email saying it was removed. I have gotten no email saying it is available again, is it available? Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Going to pick up my 2nd and 3rd Novels I suppose here in about 8 hours...I'm going to open one of them up and test out the new firmware, but if it crashes as much as Nate the Great says it does I might just possibly resell it. I've already gone over the numbers with CS a few hours ago after getting off of work, and she will even allow me to use the extra 15% off coupon from this week's sale going on, which means my two novels will end up being $95.19 each plus tax, PLUS Pandigital still has a new rebate that you can use to get an extra $15 back per Novel. That being said, there's a decent chance I'm gonna get off only having to pay $80 per Novel...you know, even if it is a great device with shitty firmware it's still less than it would cost me to buy a new Eken M001 from Hong Kong so I'll almost certainly keep one around. Kinda funny how $174.99 turns into $80.15 after enough hassle.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
That's better than I did...Post the link with the rebate.I have had ZERO problems with crashing. I found on the last firmware that installing it twice helped with some problems I had been having.I can't imagine you complaining much at $80...

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
[quote name='brie987;15308]Is this available online yet? I ordered it from Kohls online at 12 am' date=' my order when through then a couple days later I received the cancelled or rather the "order accuracy" email saying it was removed. I have gotten no email saying it is available again, is it available? Thanks.[/QUOTE'] All sorts of available. I literally own 3, two I bought 8 hours ago.

·
Registered
173 Posts
So has anyone figured out how to best approach the Pandigital rebates? Previously, Pandigital had told people they would still honor the old rebate (June) since they were pulled from the shelves. Now there is a new rebate, and technically our purchase should qualify. I'm guessing submitting either should work, but probably not both? (They are different dept's on the rebate address)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote name='rspray;15419]So has anyone figured out how to best approach the Pandigital rebates? Previously' date=' Pandigital had told people they would still honor the old rebate (June) since they were pulled from the shelves. Now there is a new rebate, and technically our purchase should qualify. I'm guessing submitting either should work, but probably not both? (They are different dept's on the rebate address)[/QUOTE']We are within the new rebate date so I 'm going to go with the new one and forget the old one.After spending an evening screwing around with mine and installing an alternative launcher, I'm going to go pick up another one or two if I can find them. I think this device has great promise. If Meth's mention of getting the Archos title bar virtual buttons on the Novel going is doable, I'm guessing this device and its US service and warranty combined with Kohl's having sales very often will make it extremely popular.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote name='rspray;15419]So has anyone figured out how to best approach the Pandigital rebates? Previously' date=' Pandigital had told people they would still honor the old rebate (June) since they were pulled from the shelves. Now there is a new rebate, and technically our purchase should qualify. I'm guessing submitting either should work, but probably not both? (They are different dept's on the rebate address)[/QUOTE']We are within the new rebate date so I 'm going to go with the new one and forget the old one.After spending an evening screwing around with mine and installing an alternative launcher, I'm going to go pick up another one or two if I can find them. I think this device has great promise. If Meth's mention of getting the Archos title bar virtual buttons on the Novel going is doable, I'm guessing this device and its US service and warranty combined with Kohl's having sales very often will make it extremely popular.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.