Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried it just for fun and it worksLinkFrom 5.0 Mflops to 5.9 Mflops on 0723 firmw.Push the files in the system folder and chmod 755 on dalvikvm, then add "dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit" to build.prop.And then reboot

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention, this can make your device a bit unstable. So backup you files and to revert back change int:jit to int:fast

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
newbie here, can you explain what you said above, but in "newbie" speak

·
Registered
576 Posts
[quote name='mingnon;25113]newbie here' date=' can you explain what you said above, but in "newbie" speak[/QUOTE']"just in time" attempts to convert the java code run on a virtual machine into native machine code such that it can be directly executed by the machine's CPU. IOW it skips a step, or level of indirection if you like.In theory it should give some very good speed increases, although as discovered above I don't think that the ARM platform gets much development time for "just in time".Here's a nice wikipedia page:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-in-time_compilation

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote name='mingnon;25113]newbie here' date=' can you explain what you said above, but in "newbie" speak[/QUOTE'] I'll try, the Just In Time(JIT) compiler is just another type of compiler. This is one of the key features in 2.2 but the 2.1 has a beta version of it.The performance was measured in Mega FLoatingpoint Operations Per Second hence MFLOPS and the increase is about 18%By using the adb interfaceFirst pull the build.propadb pull /system/build.prop build.propOpen the build.prop as a text file and insert "dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit" in the end of the fileThen push backadb push dalvikvm /system/bin/adb push libdvm.so /system/lib/adb push libnativehelper.so /system/lib/adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/dalvikvm adb push build.prop /system/adb rebootThis may make your device a little bit unstableGood enough?

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
okay i sort of get it, but im not a "tech person" thanks for the attempt to explain, am going to have a look at the wiki

1 - 9 of 9 Posts