Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
It may interest some of you to see 3 boot animations I have made for Jelly Bean 5.3 ..... If anyone else has any ideas perhaps they would like to add them to this thread. These 3 animations have all been used successfully on my GTab running DRH_JB_5.3_Alpha.

Usual 2 caveats apply::: (1) It is possible when altering system files that you may brick your tablet ..... I am not responsible ...blah...blah...blah (2) For those of you not used to installing your own animations the way is simple ..... download the zip file ..... rename it to bootanimation.zip ..... put the re-named file in the /system/media folder ..... Please remember that if you already have an animation in that folder that you wish to keep then re-name it to something else before you copy the new file or it will be overwritten.

In addition to the zip files I have included animated GIF files so you can see what you are getting. I have also included a .bmp file (Pandy.bmp) which I have used to replace the 3 Birds splash screen (using nvflash).

QUICK NOTE::: Couldn't attach the 3rd animation so I have provided a link for it on my Mediafire site.
QUICK NOTE 2 ::: The black bars seen on the GiFS for animations 5 & 6 do NOT appear in the zip files, they are just a peculiarity of the GIF program I use.

APOLOGY::: Title of thread should read "DRH_JB_5.3" not "3.5"

View attachment JellyBean_4.zip
View attachment JellyBean_5.zip
My link

View attachment Pandy.bmp

JellyBean_4

JellyBean_5

JellyBean_6

Pandy.bmp

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the last one for the foreseeable future due to the fact that my GTab has died. Not a software problem, more a case of that terrible disease "clumsy fingers and sharp screwdriver" . I make these anims on my PC and post here but I won't be able to test them on the GTab which i always do before posting, I want to see them working ok on the tab before posting. If anyone downloads this one and finds that it works on their tab, perhaps they could leave a brief note as a guide to others. Thanks.

The link goes to my Mediafire site where JellyBean_10.zip can be downloaded.

My link

GIF Preview of JellyBean_10

1 - 7 of 7 Posts