Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Long time ago, i managed to run java apps on my HTC Tattoo (Click), but they were sloOOow like turtle.I'll try to get them work on da tablet.In any case, don'expect any wonderness, as many java apps 'n' games are designed for mobile telephones, and these devices have a screen 320*240 max size.I cannot imagine how they would appear in a *so big* screen as 480*800

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok, i've managed to make java applets work on tablet.Besides the screen size problem, usually these applets are designed to work on mobile telephones.Mobile telephones have two buttons under the screen, to access menus, options, etc.Tablets dont have these buttons, so there is no way ( i found no way) to get applets work

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ciao, mhmd, sorry for late reply (i'm on beach, not so much internetto here!
)Ok, step one, you download this application & install it:http://www.netmite.com/android/index.htmlIt's actually the Java runner.Second, you must get the .jar & .jad files of your applet. If you have the .jar file only, you can use the program JadMaker (Google for it) to get the .jad out from .jar It's easy and painless :)Third, use this site:Get APKto upload the .jad & .jar files, and get an .apk file. Then install the .apk file on your tablet (mobile, etc), and enjoy your applet.NOTE: the .apk file will not work, unless you install the applicatiion in step 1'njoy, ev'rybody!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the reply, and have a nice vacation/whatever u r having on the beach
TheCopacabanaMan;34125]Ciao said:
http://www.netmite.com/android/index.html[/url]It's actually the Java runner.Second, you must get the .jar & .jad files of your applet. If you have the .jar file only, you can use the program JadMaker (Google for it) to get the .jad out from .jar It's easy and painless :)Third, use this site:Get APKto upload the .jad & .jar files, and get an .apk file. Then install the .apk file on your tablet (mobile, etc), and enjoy your applet.NOTE: the .apk file will not work, unless you install the applicatiion in step 1'njoy, ev'rybody!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.