Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says most of it but,Device came in a couple weeks ago. I charged it up. Pushed power and the boot screen appears with no status bar. Android SymbolAndroid Version: 1.6Kernel Version: 2.6.29WMT SDK Version: 1.7.1Then powers right back off.I try to press the power button again and get nothing. So I figured the battery was no good. I opened it up.Disconnected the batteryplugged in chargerIt powered up. To just the above screen with no status bar.I decide to re seat the processor. This is where it get's interesting. If I unplug the power (battery still disconnected) and re seat I get the same resultIf I leave it plugged in and re seat it I get the same thing***If I leave it plugged in, put the processor back in the slot but don't lock it down then I get a different result***This time I get the same as above but a status bar that doesn't go away.I'm assuming there is a short somewhere but I'm not enough of an electronics guy to figure it out. Anyway, now I have a 100 and something dollar toy with a touchscreen to play with. Since you guys seem to like this thing what should I try doing with it?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts