Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The interior is identical to the dawa D7 (which has many other names) and so is the exterior. Beware though, there is a winCE version which has the TCC8901 (no 3D graphics engine) CPU, while this one has the TCC8902. The dawa is being sold by many Chinese suppliers, but at a higher price!

·
Registered
576 Posts
[quote name='zuber5;26633]The interior is identical to the dawa D7 (which has many other names) and so is the exterior. Beware though' date=' there is a winCE version which has the TCC8901 (no 3D graphics engine) CPU, while this one has the TCC8902. The dawa is being sold by many Chinese suppliers, but at a higher price![/QUOTE']The Chinese reseller prices tend to be MUCH higher than the prices that they sell for in China, e.g. the Ramos W7 goes for c. $145, but it usually online for closer to $200. [EDIT] and IIRC the Eken M001 comes from the factory at a $50 cost, but those are still being sold at c. $100 ... (read somewhere that the factory cost of the Ramos was c. $105) [/EDIT]On top of the above, Augen probably also placed a large enough order to get some volume price discounting, plus ATM it's on sale at Kmart, so Kmart is the one actually taking the loss, if there is any and not Augen, unless there's some sort of side deal. i.e. the stock that Kmart has would've already been paid for, and I'm almost positive that Augen would never agree to take a loss even to hype a new product...

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Big retailers in the USA operate on 90 day (Net 90) to 180 day (Net 180) lines of credit with suppliers. They don't pay for the goods until after the sell it usually. Also, promotions are done jointly with the suppliers and they participate in the discounts offered by the retailers. Big retailers in the USA never pay for goods upfront unless they are buying distressed goods or bankruptcy liquidation deals.
cutterjohn;27088]The Chinese reseller prices tend to be MUCH higher than the prices that they sell for in China said:
and IIRC the Eken M001 comes from the factory at a $50 cost, but those are still being sold at c. $100 ... (read somewhere that the factory cost of the Ramos was c. $105) [/EDIT]On top of the above, Augen probably also placed a large enough order to get some volume price discounting, plus ATM it's on sale at Kmart, so Kmart is the one actually taking the loss, if there is any and not Augen, unless there's some sort of side deal. i.e. the stock that Kmart has would've already been paid for, and I'm almost positive that Augen would never agree to take a loss even to hype a new product...

·
Registered
576 Posts
[quote name='jackbox;27146]Big retailers in the USA operate on 90 day (Net 90) to 180 day (Net 180) lines of credit with suppliers. They don't pay for the goods until after the sell it usually. Also' date=' promotions are done jointly with the suppliers and they participate in the discounts offered by the retailers. Big retailers in the USA never pay for goods upfront unless they are buying distressed goods or bankruptcy liquidation deals.[/QUOTE']Interesting I had always assumed that they paid upfront, but I guess doing it that way gives the retailer some leverage if they end up with a bunch duff products...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One thing I did notice, the angen does not have a HDMI output. Still not worth the $80 difference, I used it once (out of curiosity), but have never had a need to use it again
Still, I didn't lose much, buying one from China, Kmart pulled out of Canada years ago , must have been too cold for them

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
That's what I figured... Thanks for the confirmation. I wonder if the large order pushes the price down further as more hi-tech devices come out...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here is Pandawill's response:If the news is true, it will be a very big surprise for customers who are on the tiptoe of expectation for MID with Android 2.1.The rumor about this mysterious MID called Augen Gentouch flies all over the network. You even can find its information at engadget and Cnet. It said a bunch of readers that many Kmarts are giving out "rainchecks" and that they will be calling customers when the Augen tablet arrives later this week.Actually, when we firstly caught sight of the price, we are shocked. For making sure whether the news is true or not, we called and visited over ten suppliers. All of them thought it is beyond logic and above reason. Their analysis is as follows:Firstly, if this GenTouch is sold at $150 in the entity store like Kmart, its cost must be lower than $ 80. That is hard for factories to realize.Secondly, if it is so cheap, it is very strange that they don't hear any news about the Augen GenTouch in the China market.Thirdly, Augen is a company we never heard before. When googled it, none about it comes out.To our surprise, after watching the video of it in the youtube, we found so-called Augen GenTouch android 2.1 slate looks familiar with the test model with android 2.1 we got two months ago !!! Cannot believe? The videos are the proof:The link for GenTouch video:
This is the link of 3D game running on the model of Gpad:http://www.pandawillforum.com/vi ... =344extra=page%3D1What the pity is we didn't take pictures of the model interface, but will ask the factory to offer. Pls wait to see..................................................................................................................................................The following story:The world is so small.When we found this Augen Gentouch so hot on the network looks so familiar with the tablet model we got two months ago. we immediately contact with the factory, who also provide X10 to us. The truth about Augen Gentouch has come to light.One employee of the factory told us he can comfirm that the engineering of this Augen Gentouch in the video is the same with Gpad. From the video, we can see its menu is the absolute same with the Gpad test model. Because the model hasn't been open to public, it is impossible to see the same menu on other device unless they both are from the same engineer company named Yinte Sheng." A customer from US made a big deal with the engineering company several months ago.", released by the employee in the factory, co-operatd with the Yinte Sheng engineering company, " It is 23K pieces of slates/MIDs with android 2.1 but without 3G accelerator and HDMI plot and G-sensor. That makes sense the Augen Gentouch can be sold at only $ 150 at Kmart. Its cost is about $88 without three functions mentioned above. "We also got another important news that the test for this device wasn't very smooth until today the engineering company made the final solution for it and next week the devices begin to bond. According the speed of the bonding in batches, we can calculate the effect that this Augen Gentouch with Android 2.1 will be launched around the end of September this year but not to hit Kmart store in this week in some report they released.Just wait for its release date and then go back to our guess.-------- - - -
Not sure they really know what is going on!

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Well they did come out already not in September. But with the amount of stuff not working/undone September might of been better.
but without 3G accelerator and HDMI plot and G-sensor
is it 3D instead of 3G, Port instead of plot? I have not opened mine up. Ive heard there is a g-sensor just not turned on right now.

·
Registered
576 Posts
[quote name='mogrith;27578]Well they did come out already not in September. But with the amount of stuff not working/undone September might of been better. is it 3D instead of 3G' date=' Port instead of plot? I have not opened mine up. Ive heard there is a g-sensor just not turned on right now.[/QUOTE']I'm still trying to get a ho,ld of the most recent TCC89xx datasheet, but the telechips datasheet site keeps timing out on me...I'll send the buggers an email request in the morning, and try to weasel out any extra details that I cane, but don't expect much...FFS! Better this than the Cortex-A8 controversey! I juts feel sorry for every screwed by the unscrupulous chinese ODMs... the hurt that they caused their customers, yet will NEVER suffer themselves...

·
Registered
70 Posts
[quote name='cutterjohn;27596]I'm still trying to get a ho' date='ld of the most recent TCC89xx datasheet, but the telechips datasheet site keeps timing out on me...I'll send the buggers an email request in the morning, and try to weasel out any extra details that I cane, but don't expect much...FFS! Better this than the Cortex-A8 controversey! I juts feel sorry for every screwed by the unscrupulous chinese ODMs... the hurt that they caused their customers, yet will NEVER suffer themselves...[/QUOTE'] I have the datasheet, will upload it.http://rapidshare.com/files/410558514/ourdev_536325.rar.htmlI have lots of other TCC89XX docs-will upload them when I get a chance.

·
Registered
576 Posts
zuber5;27895]I have the datasheet said:
http://rapidshare.com/files/410558514/ourdev_536325.rar.html[/url]I have lots of other TCC89XX docs-will upload them when I get a chance.
Thanks. I'll take a look at the one you have and see if it's newer than the ones that I found before.downloading now...[EDIT]Yep newer than the ones that I had which had last revised dates in August 09...Quickly glancing through I see no major differences though... but this is the huge c. 1400 page datasheet...[/EDIT]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Zuber5... Thanks!!! I have a device that I picked up from Pandawill.com that has a TCC8901 in it that is now non-functioning and Pandawill does not seem willing to supply the original install SD (only an upgrade SD that does not help a non-functioning unit), so I am very interested in finding all the info I can about any ROM I can flash this with to get back to a working device and go from there. My device is a X10 MID Tablet PC 7 Inch WIFI Ebook Office 1080P GPS... I've posted info and pictures in this forum at... http://www.slatedroid.com/f27/x10-mid-tablet-pc-7-inch-wifi-ebook-office-1080p-gps-3533/ if you're interested in what info I have found.My work proxy won't let me do the rapidshare thing, but I'll check out what you got when I get to my home connect.Thanks!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JakeJAMR;29398]Zuber5... Thanks!!! I have a device that I picked up from Pandawill.com that has a TCC8901 in it that is now non-functioning and Pandawill does not seem willing to supply the original install SD (only an upgrade SD that does not help a non-functioning unit) said:
http://www.slatedroid.com/f27/x10-mid-tablet-pc-7-inch-wifi-ebook-office-1080p-gps-3533/[/URL] if you're interested in what info I have found.My work proxy won't let me do the rapidshare thing, but I'll check out what you got when I get to my home connect.Thanks!!
No problem! You must be talking about the x10, I have been on that forum as well -- will take a look at what you have posted- thanks, I have one as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.