Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone mentioned Google Sync being broken on the new non-ugly market hack. I tested and could not get Google Sync to work both with the stock firmware file and the market hack (the market hack shouldn't have affected it anyways, but I wanted to make sure). Sync will work initially when you kick it off, but then doesn't work correctly by itself after that. (You have to either stop sync and start again, or go into the app manually and refresh). It will also work the first time after a reboot. Basically, you get it once and then it doesn't work until it gets restarted.Anyone have sync working, or remember it working for them at some point? Any other comments or reports to make?

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
My sync works just fine, but I like to disable it for longer battery life. I have noticed issues when I disable both background data sync and the auto sync. [settings/accounts & sync settings] I can get into the market with auto sync off, but not with background data sync off. Also... with background data sync off, my android keyboard is inaccessible.I am currently running Roebeet's 8/20 mod.

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe I just got a good PDN but EVERYTHING works just fine:Market access/Rotation/maps/sync/gmail/pandora/WIFI boots instantly(faster than my desktop)everythingcomes right back after sleep. All I did was follow everyones posts EXACTLY AS DIRECTED AND WRITTEN.Maybe just a Newbies luck

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
More likely refinement... ours are a bit older than yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.