Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
You can ask for help... you might even get some help. You might also not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help before we go any farther, you guys are great. I have just finished the volume hack all went well, but I'm not sure if I under stand how to install the other apps. I switched to an XP computer from my vista laptop to folow the install instruction. But I guess I'm missing the way to do this. What window am I creating to run the code to instaal the apps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
lawman;40599 said:
You can ask for help... you might even get some help. You might also not.
In the same vein, is it appropriate to discuss topics about the PDN that don't involve having a hacked device? Or do we only talk about one that has been hacked to a normal Android tablet, like the rest of the device forums?

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
[quote name='happyzax;41510]In the same vein' date=' is it appropriate to discuss topics about the PDN that don't involve having a hacked device? Or do we only talk about one that has been hacked to a normal Android tablet, like the rest of the device forums?[/QUOTE'] Why wouldn't you be able to? Just make sure that you say that your not hacked so the advice given can be geared more towards you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks blazingwolf, I really like it here and don't want to have to find some other e-reader site to ask questions I may have before I hack my device. I do wonder though, if it would useful to have a sub-forum for unhacked PDNs so that PDN noobies like me can have an easier time finding basic PDN information. Or maybe one that is relevant to PDNs irrespective of their hacked status. I guess my idea is to make the site more approachable to the less technical so they are not intimidated by the overwhelming majority of hack related threads. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
[quote name='happyzax;41527]Thanks blazingwolf' date=' I really like it here and don't want to have to find some other e-reader site to ask questions I may have before I hack my device. I do wonder though, if it would useful to have a sub-forum for unhacked PDNs so that PDN noobies like me can have an easier time finding basic PDN information. Or maybe one that is relevant to PDNs irrespective of their hacked status. I guess my idea is to make the site more approachable to the less technical so they are not intimidated by the overwhelming majority of hack related threads. Just a thought.[/QUOTE'] There are people of all skill levels in this forum. We try to help all of them as we can.
Not sure it is really necessary to have a separate spot just for the unhacked masses.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
blazingwolf;41532 said:
There are people of all skill levels in this forum. We try to help all of them as we can.
Not sure it is really necessary to have a separate spot just for the unhacked masses.
That's what the dev forum is meant to be, but it only kind of works

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
[quote name='happyzax;41527]Thanks blazingwolf' date=' I really like it here and don't want to have to find some other e-reader site to ask questions I may have before I hack my device. I do wonder though, if it would useful to have a sub-forum for unhacked PDNs so that PDN noobies like me can have an easier time finding basic PDN information. Or maybe one that is relevant to PDNs irrespective of their hacked status. I guess my idea is to make the site more approachable to the less technical so they are not intimidated by the overwhelming majority of hack related threads. Just a thought.[/QUOTE'] It's funny - we're more technical support than Pandigital is... with no help.It's not practical to have a separate board for unhacked devices. The vast, vast majority of people are on here expressly TO hack, and the unhacked software runs on the hacked device anyway. That said, as others have mentioned, be sure you note in a request for advice that your device is not hacked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts