Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently bought this tablet and its processor is not via wma but arm926ej-s. Do you know if slatedroids firmwares will works on this tablet? Do you know its name? Because is like flytouch or epad, but it isn't, is generic and im a little afraid about it, but it was the only one they send in a couple of day, other way should wait a month to get the tablet shipped.I hope you got the answer or an approximation to thisSorry for my English and thanks for your help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In the questions asked in the end of the page there is written this :matrix-neo ModeratorTuesday, August 03, 2010 2:41 AM Replyit's a Gome Flytouch, not aware of a model number so.. i guess it's a gome flytouch

·
Registered
92 Posts
This look alike like mine flytouch unit. I have the same spec as stated in the website. The only different is I have the Flytouch logo at the back and as well external USB unit. I have installed Slatedroid1.3-flytouch-edition V2 and it works well except the My Video, My Photo and My Music. Those are not a big problem as u can download other apps to play. Performance is better as compare to firmware 1.7.2. Hope this info is good enough for you and wish you luck to upgrade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My problem is than I dont have original firmware, so if slatedroid's one doesnt work, I brick the tablet and there's no way to unbrick it. I dont want to take that risk.... I think Im gonna wait to someone do it first :eek:Thanks for your help

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was in a similar situation. I bricked my 7" pad using the wrong firmware due to the fact they all look alike and have similar specs. The best way is to back up your firmware, then at least you can reflash if anything does go wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.