Android Tablets Forum banner

Is this actually the m002 ekens?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Kiddy 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the ekens m002..New Tablet PC Laptop Google Android MID 7" Netbook - eBay (item 270609534682 end time Jul-23-10 09:22:53 PDT)Yes , i'm some cheap dude that loves buying stuff from ebay, can anyone tell me what firmware i can use to upgrade this device? There have been rumors saying the touch screen will no longer work if you upgrade and then its too late to turn back?If not should i upgrade or not? And is there a full guide to how to upgrade? I want to upgrade as its been BOGGING up alot. I'm new to the android and their tablets and the ekens family. Help appreaciated. Thank you
, jun xian

See less See more
#4 ·
So should i just do a factory reset? Or download a new firmware.?I have 2 problems..1 Battery life is SO Dreadful :[ . Without touching it , withn 20 minutes its low on battery already. And this is bought a week ago...2 The app store doesn't work.. Just starting download3 It takes forever to start. Est . 5 Minutes so i have about 15 minutes of jerkyness of the android left.4 It keeps getting stuck. When i try pressing ANYTHING , it stucks there and then android.home is not responding.The home button/off button is a <- arrow and blue LED. The back states..Model no.: M-002Input power: 9VDesigned and Made in ChinaFC WIFI CC RoHST-Flash card | USB 30P thingy | Headphone| M/R (no idea what is that) | AC POWER

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
[quote name='nerdoxian;50475]I'm not sure if this is the ekens m002..[URL=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270609534682&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2417wt_923]New Tablet PC Laptop Google Android MID 7" Netbook - eBay (item 270609534682 end time Jul-23-10 09:22:53 PDT)[/URL]Yes ' date=' i'm some cheap dude that loves buying stuff from ebay, can anyone tell me what firmware i can use to upgrade this device? There have been rumors saying the touch screen will no longer work if you upgrade and then its too late to turn back?If not should i upgrade or not? And is there a full guide to how to upgrade? I want to upgrade as its been BOGGING up alot. I'm new to the android and their tablets and the ekens family. Help appreaciated. Thank you [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG], jun xian[/QUOTE'] Dear Nerdoxian,the model listed on ebay is absolutely an epad M002 (ePad - Multimedia Internet Devices). I can say it without any doubts just because i bought one weeks ago thinking that it was an Eken (fuc..ing lier seller) but i paid it few bucks so it's ok for me.Trust me, none of the firmwares posted on the reported link could damage your device in any way. I also flashed a coulple of firmwares found on this site (yes, for Eken m002) on my device and everything went like a charm.If you want to flash just download the related firmware and copy the "script" folder on the sd card, insert it into the device and turn it on. The flashing process will start. Remove the SD when asked ;)Happy flashing, and do it immediately because the original firmware flashed on the device is really soooo slooooow.I hope this helps ;)Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.