Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I just filed "item not as described" saying it was. Here's the eBay auction:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110553066717&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:ITAnd what I got only has one mini USB (yes, I realise that was in the written description, but the pictured one has the 2 that *real* aPads are supposed to have, right?). There are also 2 speakers on the bottom with the other stuff, rather than on the back. What I received also has "MID" written on the back, and the black framing around the touchscreen seems thicker than it should be. Not to mention there are a few nice big long scratches on the screen :mad:I'm angry beyond belief. I wasn't planning on keeping this one anyway, but simply reselling it would have been SO much less hassle than having to deal with this crap. My Rockchip aPad bought from mp4nation is actually sitting at the PO as I type (they tried to deliver when I was in the shower), so I'll have that to compare this one with later tonight. I will be taking photos then.In the meantime, does what I got from this eBay auction sound like a fake aPad to you? Do you think I'll have a leg to stand on with Paypal/eBay buyer protection, seeing as how what the seller showed in the photos is definitely NOT what I got (enev though the written description seems pretty on)?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Roll the dice. I think you have a shot of getting them to take it back just to get you to go away.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh, I'd already opened the case before I posted here ;)Here's a photo of the largest scratches (it had no plastic screen protector on it when I opened it, just the bubble wrap). You can also see the misplaced webcam in this shot:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/justbishop/Image5-3.jpgETA: it also has an English language manual booklet with it, which says "M70003 Series" on the front. And the front of the box has a picture of an iPad on it...with Safari, iPod, etc icons on it and everything, lol

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
"Opened the case" ??? The shipping box or the device... opening the device if you intended to argue it was S&D and sell it anyway would be... less than brilliant.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That sucks that you got ripped off but in the ad they start by showing an iPad. Good luck in getting a refund...annoy them enough and they will give you a refund.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts