Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to work on a new ROM for the Imagine 10 but I thought I would look for interested users first. The two ROMs I have out now ICS 4.0 and Jelly Bean have had a ton of downloads, but there has been no commentary. Over 2300 downloads so somebody is getting it, LOL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am using your V10 Jelly Bean ROM on the Imagine 10 and love it! Thank you. Only issue I have is the reason I tried the ROM to begin with - no support for VPN. Have you, or anyone, been able to get a working TUN driver for VPN functionality? I have tried using the tun.ko Installer app and it crashes the device once it connects to the VPN. Any help you could provide on this would be greatly appreciated!

I need to use the IPsec xauth psk VPN service to make this tablet a valid option.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using your V10 Jelly Bean ROM on the Imagine 10 and love it! Thank you. Only issue I have is the reason I tried the ROM to begin with - no support for VPN. Have you, or anyone, been able to get a working TUN driver for VPN functionality? I have tried using the tun.ko Installer app and it crashes the device once it connects to the VPN. Any help you could provide on this would be greatly appreciated!

I need to use the IPsec xauth psk VPN service to make this tablet a valid option.
I have tried adding VPN and the closest I got was something like you get from that app. I would get the android.system failure after connecting. This was the first time I have tried that so not sure what the issue was. Someone told me about an app called hotspot or hotshield that does VPn without the .ko but I never checked it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have tried adding VPN and the closest I got was something like you get from that app. I would get the android.system failure after connecting. This was the first time I have tried that so not sure what the issue was. Someone told me about an app called hotspot or hotshield that does VPn without the .ko but I never checked it out.
Thank you for the response. The Hotspot Shield VPN app will not work for my purposes. I need to be able to connect to a corporate VPN, not a random VPN for anonymity. I contacted support from Skytex and all I got back was "We do not have a Tun driver available for the Imagine 10." That obviously wasn't very helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts