Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not an expert but your deviceid in build.prop seems to regulate what apps you're allowed to see in the market. It doesn't actually check and see if it matches the hardware or anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
im a newbie when it comes to linux based stuff.but she herehttp://slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=167.0i have tried with ecotox romaltering the rom,by in the andriod.fs tgz altering the /system/build.prop to add the followingro.build.fingerprint=tmobile/opal/sapphire/sapphire:1.6/DRC92/15632:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keysbut when using 7-zip to edit the file, it must some how mess with the archive, because when trying update from the script it fails

·
Registered
446 Posts
are you using notepad++ to edit the file? windows notepad will butcher unix/linux scripts,etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The market not being on tablets doesn't really have anything to do with technical limitations, apparently. Google just says if you put out an Android tablet you can't put the Google market on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
[quote author=egghead79 link=topic=172.msg1698#msg1698 date=1274638387]The market not being on tablets doesn't really have anything to do with technical limitations, apparently. Google just says if you put out an Android tablet you can't put the Google market on it.[/quote]There is some way to make the android market works, Archos did it on the Archos 5 (google "Market4Archos apk" to find the package ... it does not work on the emulator, but maybe I am missing something ;) )Anyhow, this means that we can find a way to make it work

·
Registered
18 Posts
I copied a file from other device.Android Market login error."A server error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."Is there the solution?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts