Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,I'm new here and to android, but my wife has a Nook and I bought a Novel about two weeks ago, a white one.I've had the Novel for a while and really I like the built-in Launcher. Is there a way to add icons to that? All I really want is Pandora and maybe a better Music Player.Thanks,trainerjonathan

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Jonathan Parsons;41911 said:
All I really want is Pandora and maybe a better Music Player.
That may be the only things you "want," but when you turn this puppy into a full-fledged Android slate, you'll be amazed how many things you'll discover you "need." Hack it, it's easy, no experience necessary. You'll be glad you did.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
[quote name='Jonathan Parsons;41911]Hi there' date='I'm new here and to android, but my wife has a Nook and I bought a Novel about two weeks ago, a white one.I've had the Novel for a while and really I like the built-in Launcher. Is there a way to add icons to that? All I really want is Pandora and maybe a better Music Player.Thanks,trainerjonathan[/QUOTE'] Yes there is.You need to install an app called Any Cut (Free) or Better Cut (commercial). Then you open the program and create a new shortcut. Now choose Activity and scroll till you see com.fsc.app.launcher.PDLauncher. Tap on this and rename to your desire. In Any Cut select create and you are done. If you purchase Better Cut you can change the icon and then click on create. This places a icon directly on your Home Screen so that you can launch the PD Launcher anytime you want to. You can do this with any of the PD apps. :)Edit: Just realized that Launcher Pro Plus includes the ability to create a shortcut to this also.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Blazingwolf: Will this really alter the PD's original launcher? Or are you just putting a link to the PDLauncher on a substitute home screen?

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Mark Adams;41982 said:
Blazingwolf: Will this really alter the PD's original launcher? Or are you just putting a link to the PDLauncher on a substitute home screen?
It adds icons to your replacement Home screen. You would really have to know programming (let alone need the source code) to change the regular PD Launcher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.