Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering of there is a wiki or page listing what apps the Augen shipped with?I lost most of mine when doing the marketplace fix. Unfortunately, not all were backed up.Been able to download most of those I remember, except for Skype (beta) Wondering if I have forgotten anything interesting that was on the original? I know there was a pdf reader, but do not remember its name.Also, anyone had any luck with the DroidLive strreaming radio - mine always cycled between connecting, buffering, and dropped connection.Thanks

· Registered
567 Posts
[quote name='klutekj;38187]Was wondering of there is a wiki or page listing what apps the Augen shipped with?I lost most of mine when doing the marketplace fix. Unfortunately' date=' not all were backed up.Been able to download most of those I remember, except for Skype (beta) Wondering if I have forgotten anything interesting that was on the original? I know there was a pdf reader, but do not remember its name.Also, anyone had any luck with the DroidLive strreaming radio - mine always cycled between connecting, buffering, and dropped connection.Thanks[/QUOTE']I'll try to remember to make a list in the morning when I get up... I just got mine today and only did the rooting(I hope) and clockwork mod(I hope -- need to find a user's guide for that -- REALLY want to see if I can make a backup of the fw as is ATM before doing ANYTHING else) but everything else is still on there...(although I'm regretting not saving copies of the permissions of the original su before replacing it in case I screwed something... esp. since the new wiki instructions are wrong, well they should work but are a bit mixed up between bin and xbin and what you get in the archive to install...)[EDIT]Anyways, I'll try to remember to make copies of the various directory entries and stick it in here... as I will be backing up ALL of the apps before attempting anything else... new to android so planning on excess precautions...I already know that I still have the skype (beta), but I'll probably just make one big tar archive of all the apps...[/EDIT]

· Registered
567 Posts
Superuser.apk [EDIT] oops this from the rooting everything else should be stock though[/EDIT]Phone.apklibspeech.sogtalkservice.apkYouTube.apkVpnServices.apkVisualizationWallpapers.apkVending.apkUserDictionaryProvider.apkTtsService.apkTerm.apkTelephonyProvider.apkTalkProvider.apkTalk.apkStreet.apkSpareParts.apkSoundRecorder.apkSetupWizard.apkSettingsProvider.apkSettings.apkProvision.apkPicoTts.apkPackageInstaller.apkNetworkLocation.apkMusic.apkMediaUploader.apkMediaProvider.apkMarketUpdater.apkMaps.apkMagicSmokeWallpapers.apkLiveWallpapersPicker.apkLiveWallpapers.apkLauncher.apkLatinIME.apkHTMLViewer.apkGoogleSubscribedFeedsProvider.apkGoogleSettingsProvider.apkGoogleSearch.apkGooglePartnerSetup.apkGoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apkGoogleCheckin.apkGoogleBackupTransport.apkGoogleApps.apkGmailProvider.apkGmail.apkGlobalTime.apkGlobalSearch.apkGallery.apkEmail.apkDrmProvider.apkDownloadProvider.apkDevelopment.apkDeskClock.apkCustomLocale.apkContactsProvider.apkCertInstaller.apkCalendarProvider.apkCalendar.apkCalculator.apkBrowser.apkApplicationsProvider.apkAccountAndSyncSettings.apk[EDIT]I manually pulled ALL of these before monkeying around with the various hacks, plus I've got a relatively clean, just rooted + clockwork nandroid backup...[/EDIT]

· Registered
15 Posts
I lost all my apps doing the marketplace fix. Now, marketplace doesn't work, though I've been able to install a number of apps - finding them on the web at freewarelovers dot com and then installing them via adb. Though I'm missing a couple that I would really like - Email.apkA good PDF reader help! where can I find them to download and install via adb. Mind you I don't have the marketplace working.thanks!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the list cutterjohn - I see all those listed in the system/app folder - so that's goodI was wondering about other apps that came with the original setup that disappeared after the fixI can remember some likeSkype betaHi MSNiReaderDocuments to GoDocuments to go Full version keyliveDroidMaple playerThere was a pdf reader - something like android pdf I thinkI don't see any of them or others that I have installed in the system/apps - any idea where they get stored? I guessing in data or one of the directories the market fix had removedThanks

· Registered
567 Posts
er... I forgot to list /data/app which missed a bunch of the extras, but I have a nandroid backup, so when I figure out how to unpack .img I'll post those as well...(also forgot to manually backup /data/app ...
)[EDIT]Still getting the hang of where Android stashes stuff... but it looks like all of the marketplace apps go to the /data/app folder[/EDIT][EDIT2]Unlikely to have a chance to do this yet today, maybe tomorrow, but by Wednesday for sure unless someone else does it first... I think that all that is needed is a copy of the files in the /data/app directory as I believe that /system/app and /data/app are the only two places that apps install to, and I bet that /system/app is only supposed to be for default Android apps + maybe the google apps...PDF reader: I installed the Adobe reader from the store... starts up fine but I don't have any PDFs loaded to look at...
[/EDIT2]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.