Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put my Novel in the stand but with Launcher Pro and PandaHome the screen goes blank when you put the Novel into the supplied stand. Is there a good launcher that doesn't have this problem. The Novel bookshelf launcher can rotate left. I am hoping we get a solution for this soon or find a good launcher that can rotate left.

·
Registered
133 Posts
[quote name='MinionOfEckerd;25027]If I have ADW running to allow Orientation change with sensor' date=' tilting to the left makes the launcher Force Close every time. If you uncheck the settings then it's permanently in landscape.[/QUOTE']You are right, I cannot rotate left. I think I was confused as Adobe eBooks works in all orientations, so I thought that applied to the Home screen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was frustrated with this myself, it's kind of lame to not be able to use the the included dock with an alternative home screen. I wonder if there is some sort of nice lock screen or desktop clock/calendar app that would look nice docked and work when rotated the right way?

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only thing I found that works as a launcher and can rotate 360 degrees is 'Android Mate.' It is not as visually pleasing as others and there are no widgets. You can get it from the Android Market.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Mine worked ok when I got it. It has the 7_05 firmware (bought from BBB). I have not updated firmware beyond this release (as I cannot locate it for restore). My screen started acting up when rotated left at some undetermined time. It was after I added volkey mod and pandahome.

·
Registered
365 Posts
[quote name='Opnsrcaddict;25657]I was frustrated with this myself' date=' it's kind of lame to not be able to use the the included dock with an alternative home screen. I wonder if there is some sort of nice lock screen or desktop clock/calendar app that would look nice docked and work when rotated the right way?[/QUOTE'] I think I have a solution: I'm using the 2.1 version of DeskClock.apk. It not only rotates the way you want, but it also has a slideshow function that shuffles your photos (the stock PDN slideshow apparently doesn't).Discussion on androidforums:http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/51081-desk-clock-application.html#post411208Download link:http://sites.google.com/site/motodroidlife/home/DeskClock.apk?attredirects=0EDIT: oh hey, I think I can attach it!-Matt

·
Registered
11 Posts
jackbox;25686 said:
The only thing I found that works as a launcher and can rotate 360 degrees is 'Android Mate.' It is not as visually pleasing as others and there are no widgets. You can get it from the Android Market.
Could someone post the .apk for Android Mate? Sorry, but no access to the Market.Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
I know nothing about PDN, but am using an apk on smartq7 and smart qv5 that rotates the screen, have been using it on the apad (to test it) and it worked okay, i use smartbar, adw and the rotate screen, if someone wants to try lemme know and i can email the apk's

·
Registered
14 Posts
gadgetrants;26135]I think I have a solution: I said:
http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/51081-desk-clock-application.html#post411208[/url]Download link:http://sites.google.com/site/motodroidlife/home/DeskClock.apk?attredirects=0EDIT: oh hey, I think I can attach it!-Matt
Awesome idea! I really like the sound of it, but when I install it I can't seem to get the photos to work, do I need to install the android gallery app or something? Also, there's not weather information and there's a bunch of random text under the time. Any ideas?

·
Registered
365 Posts
[quote name='Opnsrcaddict;26194]Awesome idea! I really like the sound of it' date=' but when I install it I can't seem to get the photos to work, do I need to install the android gallery app or something? Also, there's not weather information and there's a bunch of random text under the time. Any ideas?[/QUOTE'] Yeah, I know what you mean about the random text (it looks like titles and academic degrees!). I suspect it can't access the wifi connection, and therefore fails to update the weather. As far as the photos, I noticed it only reads the ones I have on my SD card, NOT the ones on the internal (microSD) card. I do also have the gallery app installed, but I don't think you need it. Let me know if you get it to work!-Matt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.