Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at images and Nate the Great's unboxing video and it looks to me like the black one may be slightly smallerYouTube - ‪black pandigital novel‬‎This may have been confirmed in one of the other posts when BBB said they had gel skins of different sizes.I tried to find the FCC listing but it came up with an error and wouldn't display when I tried.Hey Nate I know you can't talk about it until 18th but what about the dimensions? Are they different sizes.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
thinner too

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
lawman;34611 said:
It seems Nate is not thrilled with the PDN at this point...Pandigital Novel is still a POS (video) | The Digital Reader:-DI imagine that's part of why we haven't heard much about the black.
That's from July 7th. Quite awhile ago. Plus, he even stated that he agreed not to say anything until closer to release date. So I'm sure he will say some more when he can.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I am not, do not, would not even consider ragging on nate. Period. Just pointing out that his last impressions may not lead him to put a lot into a pdn of any stripe.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote name='lawman;34731]I am not' date=' do not, would not even consider ragging on nate. Period. Just pointing out that his last impressions may not lead him to put a lot into a pdn of any stripe.[/QUOTE'] Also Nate is the digital reader guy. He will review it as a digital reader in its plain vanilla form. What can he say we don't know or guess.....hmmmmm, here's a premptive Nate reviewBlack Novel is slightly smaller and thinner than the white version, but other than a hardwired 2GB of internal memory it has the same internals as the white one.The screen on the black is matt as opposed to shiney on the white. That makers it better for reading as there is far less glare.The CPU is clocked at 800mHz and with the new version of the ROM dated 8-10-2010 (assuming they will have a new update before the 18th launch date and Nate flashes it) allows for a reasonable experience loading and page turning various ebook formats.The device also allows surfing and email. These functions are usable and compliment what is basically a colour ebook reader.There ya go, just saved you waiting another 8 days. Lets be honest here. They gave him a free one in advance of everyone, he won't crap on them.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Nate was one of the first guys on here rooting the white with us... Have you read back that far? Nate did one of the first hacks, Meth got root... I imagine he will not stop with vanilla form, or if he does limit his site to that, we will see him here going past that. In fact, when he told us he had it, he also told us he couldn't root it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote name='lawman;34759]Nate was one of the first guys on here rooting the white with us... Have you read back that far? Nate did one of the first hacks' date=' Meth got root... I imagine he will not stop with vanilla form, or if he does limit his site to that, we will see him here going past that. In fact, when he told us he had it, he also told us he couldn't root it.[/QUOTE'] Not so sure about that. I don't know Nate from a hole in a wall but the impression i got was that he was not a serious "hacker" but pretty good at using what others had done. Could be wrong of course but the fact that he hasn't done anything else seems to suggest that he is like the majority and relying on others to break the ground. If he can't hack it then what is there to tell other than what he sees in plain vanilla.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
How was he right? He said nate would review it vanilla? Nate not only didn't review the white only vanilla, he wants to hack the black before he even does his review.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
[quote name='lawman;34835]I'm hoping he's reviewed it already' date=' and an update will be out soon. Even if not, he can update with the white fw, right?[/QUOTE'] Didn't you just say that?PS: If he is a good reviewer then he will review it vanilla before coming anywhere close to hacking it. Also, depending on the changes that Pandigital made it is possible the firmware from the white reader could brick a black one.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote name='lawman;34831]How was he right? He said nate would review it vanilla? Nate not only didn't review the white only vanilla' date=' he wants to hack the black before he even does his review.[/QUOTE'] Erm...if he can't hack it, and he obviously can't as he is asking for help (bit of a giveaway that, I think), then he will have to review it as plain vanilla because he can't do anything else.He runs a digital reader site. I don't think it is a stretch to say that Pandigital gave him a black one to review it as a digital reader. I don't think they expect him to hack it and talk about how it performs without the software which makes it function as Pandigital designed it to.Now if he does get it hacked then he will come here and talk about it in its hacked form, but I wouldn't expect too much details about that on his digital reader site.I stand by my original assessment. He is a journeyman who will use what others have done. Arguably a smart guy but not as knowledgeable as a number or others on this forum and somewhat suspect in my book as he allowed himself to take all the credit for hacking the white one without ensuring that Meth etc got kudos when it was reported.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Yes, I said that. He could have reviewed it, but since he can't release anything yet, be ready to hack it before he can release the review.I know that, but I'm excited to get it hacked because I bet they deliberately made it harder to hack. From what I've seen the hardware is supposed to be basically the same - or at least that's what the president said.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.