Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at a company (well, I work at home FOR a company, actually) that has a Cisco WLAN infrastructure at all their sites - which I periodically visit - that uses LEAP. My understanding is that not all wireless cards are LEAP capable, and I was wondering if anyone else out there has determined if the PDN's AzureWave card is LEAP capable. I couldn't find any info in my searches.I am ready to test this - i.e., I have added an entry to my wpa_supplicant.conf file that should work, at least according to the info I have found out on the Web, and by talking to others in my company who have gotten their Android phones working on the company WLAN by adding similar parameters to the file.I think it would be cool to travel with this little device and not have to lug my laptop, power cord/block, and accompanying laptop case every time. We have a browser-enabled email/calendaring/etc. capability now (via iNotes) that I can use if I can just get connected to the intranet, and the only way I can see that working is via connecting to the on-site wireless via the LEAP WLAN, thus my question re: the card in the PDN.I have to go to an office location next week and will report back, but if anyone has already found this to work/not work, I would appreciate details ahead of time.P.S. - There doesn't seem to be an AT&T VPN client for Android analogous to the one I use for Windows on my laptop at home when connecting via my home network. If there was, I'd just use my Palm Pre's wireless hotspot capability while traveling, then use the client on the PDN to tunnel into the company intranet via my phone's data connection and ignore the need for LEAP capability. The PDN does talk to the Pre's hotspot, BTW.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it works! Walked into a conference room, flipped my PDN power switch to wake it up, and when wireless got connected, it was connected to the company's Cisco LEAP WLAN. Woohoo! Anyone wanting details can go here - I used the settings in the [UPDATE] 2 June 2010 portion of the page, i.e:network={ ssid="your_ssid" key_mgmt=WPA-EAP group=CCMP TKIP eap=LEAP identity="your_username" password="your_password"}There are other options in some of the responses that you may need to try if your environment is different than my company's, but the good news is that LEAP is supported in the driver/card.All credit goes to the owner of the page I linked to above - I did nothing harder than researching this (it did take a little while to find...) and editing my wpa_supplicant.conf file without making a mistake.Hope this helps some others out there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.