Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
I'm not happy, but that's simply because I can't manage to get my sticky fingers on one.xauelous is correct. You simply cannot get a similiarly specced Android tablet any cheaper (+sh +maybe duty) from China. About the only other option is the Witstech A81 E based tablets with a Cortex A8, but if you think that the GT fw is flakey, A81 E will be much worse, as they're now, apparently, only working on getting 2.2 onto them and have stopped working with 2.1. Their wince 6 is unlicensed according to mp4nation as well, as I suspect is every other Chinese wince(and I do) tablet. mp4nation this explicitly as the reason that they would NOT be making the wince fw available for their re-brand.As to any tablet regardless of specs, may as well try to find deal codes from kohls or BBB and pick up a PDN... it's a bit better than the super cheap non-RK2808 Chinese tablets, but the Rockchip tablets are permanently stuck at Android 1.5 ATM, while I observe than some brave people are attempting to build froyo from sources for the PDN although they seem to be a bit haphazard ATM as I have noticed any identification of support chips/SoC components and drivers required for it...

· Registered
567 Posts
WTF?! I just went and checked this:http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_...&blockNo=2&blockType=G2&keyword=augen&prdNo=2again! Now it says:
In stock and Available for Shipping
...even lets you add it to the cart!Also see that Sears has it in their catalog now, but was listed as OOS a few days ago... $169.99http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00301004000P?prdNo=15&blockNo=15&blockType=G15And is still OoS today... maybe time to start checking the various kmarts again to see if they stealthily got some additional stock, but have decided not to let anyone w/a raincheck know about...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.