Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the aid of testing limitations with our Rockchip iRobot's, I really wanted to get some sort of streaming system in place on the tablet mainly so more media is available without having to annoy the device by unplugging the micro sd each time I want to upload a certain file.I was all set to try Homepipe, got it set on computer created account selected shared media, only to be told by support its Android 2.1 onwards :-(I found that the wifi Explorer apps available for our devices only work on "Rooted" devices, I thought the custom FW I installed was said to have root, apps do not concur with this so no joy.I am very happy to say that Orb Networks service works really well I was shocked!1) Download and install from www.orb.com/ and signup free.2) Select media.3) Get Androrb 0.3a free on our Android market, install and sign in.STREAM!! Works with iTunes library too I think.Hope this helpful to someone.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I used to have orb to stream to nintendo wii. Brings The quality down a lot. Will have to do until something better comes along. I'm waiting for ignition by logmein to be released. Good remote desktop client however no media streaming from what I know

1 - 2 of 2 Posts