Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this from the FAQ on hiapad websitehttp://hiapad.com/?page_id=69&lang=en1.3) What?s this I hear about batch 1 and batch 2 for the Apad iRobot?Batch 1 accounts of a very limited portion of iRobots sold in China. We do not plan to support these devices.The main difference between the two is the Hynix flash used in the batch 1 versus batch 2, and the presence of the front-facing camera. Do not attempt to flash the firmware for batch 2 onto batch 1 hardware.Batch 2 includes the Apad iRobot and the Apad iRobot M.I'm in the western USA and have a batch one that less than a month old and it's no longer supported by the manufacture? That's not cool, I believe all with a batch 1 iRobot should be upgraded to a batch 2 if batch 1 are a dead product.

·
Registered
153 Posts
the iRobot M003 and Hipad's Apad are two different devices, the Hipad one uses a rockchip proccessor, the Eken M003 uses the same wm chip as the M001. You should be angry at EKEN, not Hipad my friend.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='Willo;10106]the iRobot M003 and Hipad's Apad are two different devices' date=' the Hipad one uses a rockchip proccessor, the Eken M003 uses the same wm chip as the M001. You should be angry at EKEN, not Hipad my friend.[/QUOTE'] My kernal version is 2.6.25rockchip version is 1.2.7 (rulguan)I should check mu Eken 001 see what it's kernal version is

·
Registered
79 Posts
That being said he's right about the firmware for the batch 1 aPad. All I can say is if you buy inexpensive devices from China you need to accept that there is little to no support on them, it's unfortunately just the way it is. I'm surprised HiApad even started their blog and offered an update for the batch 2 device.

·
Registered
936 Posts
You imported the device from China without any warranties or guarantee for support.You need to know something about Shanzhai products work in China.They are from small factories who have no formal support structure for their devices. A lot of distributors buy the tablets in bulk, with no guarantee of support from the factory. I already wrote up a blog post on this. You have no right to be angry at anything. You are lucky if they give you anything. The fact that the SDK was provided is already a big bonus for us all.

·
Registered
253 Posts
[quote name='SassMasterGeneral;10097]I'm in the western USA and have a batch one that less than a month old and it's no longer supported by the manufacture? That's not cool' date=' I believe all with a batch 1 iRobot should be upgraded to a batch 2 if batch 1 are a dead product.[/QUOTE'] A day in the life for us early adopters. Sometimes you strike gold, sometimes you find yourself with a lemon. Do like I did - sell it off and buy a new aPad (or an iPad if you want to future proof your investment)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.