Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Irobot APAD Batch 2 with camera/Rockchip I have never been able to connect to the internet. Occasionally it will find a wifi network, however when I attempt to connect the status changes to 'disconnected' and the network 'not in range' even when 6ft away from the router.It makes no difference if I switch network security off either I also ran the update from the hiapad website .. made no difference at allAny ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
im not having the same problem as i can connect at home my problem is i can not connect using my Rooted EVO wifi , please read on and someone could help i would really be happyi have a APad and the built in wifi finder could not find my HTC EVO wifi and so i downloaded yours and it found it, but saids its IBSS and ask for password, there is no password and when i click connect the lock just goes around and around. its work with my Compaq laptop and acer netbook, (windows based) and the APad is android just like the HTC EVO is android also, any info would help and thank you for your time in advance..Andre'Hello,networks with IBSS (ad hoc) are not supported in raw android (without addition like htc sense etc.), because android api don't provide class and/or methods for this configuration, so you can't save the netowrk configuration via WiFinder. But HTC add this feature in own compilation (like Sense) so you can add network form Settings -> Wireless option menu, and then you can manage connection/disconnection IBSS network from WiFinder BUT still you can't add IBSS network configuration direct from WiFinder.Bottom line if yours APad have raw android you can't connect to network with IBSS configuration.PS. Same problems are in networks with WPA2 Enterprise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[quote name='neoplasmsix;8687]I have an Irobot APAD Batch 2 with camera/Rockchip I have never been able to connect to the internet. Occasionally it will find a wifi network' date=' however when I attempt to connect the status changes to 'disconnected' and the network 'not in range' even when 6ft away from the router.It makes no difference if I switch network security off either I also ran the update from the hiapad website .. made no difference at allAny ideas?[/QUOTE'] I have a very similar problem, the apad will scan and find networks (sometimes), occasionally connect to my router, if i'm lucky i get a few minutes of 'online' time to update my mail or download something from the market but then it disconnects again. Most of the time i just get 'disconnected' though, and no connection possible. I fear that there might be a hardware problem, a bad connection or something, but I dread opening up the apad, since it will leave cosmetic marks, but if it can be solved by ie. resoldering some wires then I have no problem with it. Anyone has an idea about the hardware configuration and if my feeling could be correct? If it is a software issue, i don't know where to start looking, but all tips and tricks are welcome!!rockchip apad with RB 5.1 (also tried RB6)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I found that my aPad will not connect to a network that does not broadcast its SSID. Security settings did not matter. If it did not broadcast the SSID I could not connect. According to a google search there are many people having this issue with different android devices. So it appears to be an android problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WIFI fix SOLVED easy FIXLISTEN EVERYBODY THE WIFI PROBLEM IS SOOO EASY TO FIX WHEN I GOT MY APAD AND REALIZED THAT THE WIFI DIDNT WORK I LAUGHED...TO FIX THE WIFI PROBLEM STEPS:(1) GO TO ANY BROWSER AND TYPE 192.168.1.1(1)a. the name by default is ADMIN and the password is admin... case sensitive(2) change the wireless to wireless g instead of wireless b/g then save(3) disable mac filter and saveNOW ENJOY YOUR ANDROID WIFI PLEASE PLEAS

·
Registered
7 Posts
WIFI fix SOLVED easy FIXLISTEN EVERYBODY THE WIFI PROBLEM IS SOOO EASY TO FIX WHEN I GOT MY APAD AND REALIZED THAT THE WIFI DIDNT WORK I LAUGHED...TO FIX THE WIFI PROBLEM STEPS:(1) GO TO ANY BROWSER AND TYPE 192.168.1.1(1)a. the name by default is ADMIN and the password is admin... case sensitive(2) change the wireless to wireless g instead of wireless b/g then save(3) disable mac filter and saveNOW ENJOY YOUR ANDROID WIFI PLEASE PLEAS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe it is just my computer ignorance.....but how can I use a browser if I cannot get on line? Help if you can, sorry if I missed something obvious.
zimismackstrong;38650 said:

·
Registered
4 Posts
That means a software issue (or settings). In my case it unfortunatly is in all likelyhood a hardware issue. At best the WIFI works highly unstable, often it just doesnt work at all. Most of the time, scanning for networks reveals all networks around me, but connecting is troublesome. More and more i suspected a faulty antenna connection, i'm going to open it and check/repair this weekend, will report back of course!

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi menim happy that you laugh. the description you wrote, means to change this settings onthe wireless router or where? for example my router only offer b and g together, not seperated. alexander
zimismackstrong;38649 said:

·
Registered
880 Posts
taqwa that is just 'his' solution.He uses his PC to conect to his router via his browser (the IP of that is often different from his)then he uses the login data for his router (that is also different if someone with half a brain installed it)then he changes his WiFi transmission standard. (This might actualy help in some few cases)then he disables his Mac filter (that is rarely enabled in routers and if it is enabled someone manages that router and you should NOT deactivate it but add the MAC of your aPad to the 'allowed' list.all in all this is a totaly dumb way and will in 99 of 100 cases not work in your home.i reccomend: If you are not techsavy ask someone who knows his way around routers and networks.Check if there is a 'positive' MAC filter, if it is enabled include the MAC of your aPad.Check if DHCP is active, if there is a list of reserved IP adresses include the MAC of your aPad and assign a unused IP,assign the same IP in the WiFi settings of your aPad.If DHCP is not active assign a IP adress in your aPad.If WiFi does not switch on at all on your aPad try to enable 'HOST MODE' to the USB on your aPad and try again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WOW WAY TO CONTRADICT YOR SELF BUDDY. YOU exchanged (to u) confusing info, for even more confusing info. da hell is dhcp, positive mac filter.....GUYS MY WAY IS FULL PROOF, MONKEY PROOF AND IDIOT PROOF.....iF AND A BIG IF U HAVE A LINKSYS ROUTER....FIRST MAKE SURE THAT YOUR ANDROID TABLET SEES YOUR LINKSYS ROUTER SIGNAL WHAT EVER IT MAY BE NAMED... MINE IS CALLED LINKSYS..SECOND FROM YOUR COMPUTER AND FROM ANY BROWSER TYPE 192.168.1.1... (do not use) http:// or www. JUST USE 192.168.1.1THIRD YOU WILL BE PROMPTED WITH A LOGIN. 90 PERCENT OF THE TIME THE INFO IS ALREADY SET BECAUSE ITS STANDARD INFO. IF NOT TYPE IN THE FIRST BOX WHERE IT SAYS NAME TYPE ADMIN (case sensitive) as for the password type lower case admin (case sensitive)FORTH CLICK THE WIRELESS TAB, RIGHT THERE U SHOULD SEE MIXED B/G CHOOSE G ONLY AS THE APAD IS G ONLY... IMMEDIATELY CLICK SAVE..FIFTH CLICK WIRELESS SECURITY TAB AND DISABLE SECURITY (for the mean time) than ckick mac filter table and disable mac filter. and immediately save.FINALLY YOUR DONE ........ BASICALLY DISABLE ALL ODDITIES AND SECURITIES WITHIN YOUR BROWSER MAKING IT A VIRGIN AGAIN. LATER YOU CAN ADD SECURITY AND OTHER THINGS U CHOOSE ONE BY ONE TILL U WEED OUT THE INITIAL PROBLEM. ANY QUESTIONS CINTACT ME AT [email protected] AND PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD WE NEED TO GET OVER THIS SILLY WIFI THING AND START PORTING ANDROID 2.2 TO APADS BABE

·
Registered
880 Posts
Well, if you are refering to those screamers above... you cant.not directly ;)You can use your computer to access your WLAN routerIn your WLAN router you can change some things in the configuration to make it easyer for your Pad to communicate with the WLAN router.But if you dont know what and where to change you might do more harm then you do good.If you change something and you are not shure note it down so you can change it back!(also zimi seems to be a bit bonkers about his solution)If you can, ask someone who knows his way around WLAN-Routers and let him try. (maybe he can also explain some of this stuff for you)

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi, the router says that it allows WPA and WPA2, does it have to change to WEP, the router can only allow one or the other, it worked on a router in UK but this one is in Greece, does that make a difference?thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
zimismackstrong, I advice you to fix your keyboard buttons firstly (probably Shift or Caps Lock or both) and only then to write to the forum. Oh, and i forgot, before writing go and study something about wi-fi and routers and only then can advice anything.Your info is almost ABSOLUTELY useless, 'coz usually people with at least intermediate tech knowledge change the namedefault passIP of the router to increase security level or whatever. My WRT54G2 f.e do not have user name at all, only password, and of course it is not the "admin" and no matter what is set b, g or b/g WEPWPAWPA2 it works well with my aPAD, so you just have found solution for yourself and it is caused by your router and not the aPad, and after inspecting all 'steps' you advice one may think that it was the enabled mac-filter only and not the rest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I cannot connect to WIFI from my tablet, I do not use a MAC computer. I am curious as to what I can do. I do not wish to change the security settings on my router or anything like that. I get WIFI connection unsuccesful or not in range. Just trying to trouble shoot here. Just got the APad and am pretty tech savvy just don't know much about the Apad so not sure what steps to take to resolve this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cannot connect to WIFI from my tablet, I do not use a MAC computer. I am curious as to what I can do. I do not wish to change the security settings on my router or anything like that. I get WIFI connection unsuccesful or not in range. Just trying to trouble shoot here. Just got the APad and am pretty tech savvy just don't know much about the Apad so not sure what steps to take to resolve this.
I can't connect either TT_TT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.