Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :)My device: http://www.alibaba.com/product/hk10...U_128M_SDRAM_WIFI_WINDOWS_CE6_0_UMPC_MID.htmlI accidentally set http://tails92.sepwich.com/files/easypc/VT8500Software.rar files from the archive, wind refreshed but it was sharpened by a smartbooks. As a result, now is not working touchscreen, Wi-Fi and sounds.Please help smile_good.gif example to find the firmware on it (I failed), or an alternative method of recovery. Thanks in advance.:)as I dismounted the device and if necessary I can write a label chip.

·
Registered
30 Posts
PM sent....... I have the script for it.BTW I can get most all of the M001 Android scripts to load but can't get the buttons to work. I'm still working on that. The only difference I can see between yours and mine is mine lacks the expansion port.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent! Buttons are not so important, important sound, touchscreen and Wi-fi .. By the way Wi-fi chip Ralink rt2070l, the VIA VT8500, via vt1613 sound. If there is a version with a working touchscreen I ask here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
[quote name='forumkost;47911]Excellent! Buttons are not so important' date=' important sound, touchscreen and Wi-fi .. By the way Wi-fi chip Ralink rt2070l, the VIA VT8500, via vt1613 sound. If there is a version with a working touchscreen I ask here.[/QUOTE'] As long as you have a home button to unlock the screen. The M001 scripts seem to be ok as far as wifi and sound but not sure about touch screen because I can't get the Home button to work so I can unlock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anewusername;48122 said:
Does the mic happen to work?
Not sure. I assume it does with CE but haven't really tried it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anewusername;48131]Ah said:
http://www.xcomufo.com/pufo_126_cab.zip[/url]I've been trying to look stuff up for him but have found a ton of conflicting hardware specs for the model. Thanks
Myself, I would probably stay clear. There doesn't appear to be a lot of support for it at all. I found mine on Craigslist cheap. Would have been better off saving my money for other things. I have a Nationite MIDnite (Wits A81E) 7" Android 2.2 Tablet from MP4 Nation on order now. It's a little more money but hopefully a lot better pad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anewusername;48046]Not to derail the thread said:
DealExtreme: $110.80 M7 7" Touch Screen TFT LCD Win CE 6.0 Tablet PC w/ WiFi/SD Card Slot (ARM-WM8505)[/url] the same? Only difference I see is that the DX version does not have a mic. Thanks.
Another processor is different. You have WM8505, I have a Via VT8500. Or a small difference?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, my friend does not have one yet. But from my friend told me, the processor is the same, just built by a different company. I honestly have not checked that out myself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
[quote name='forumkost;48224]Another processor is different. You have WM8505' date=' I have a Via VT8500. Or a small difference?[/QUOTE'] Yes. I didn't catch the difference. Not sure about my script for it. I have loaded the Hopelessness CE on mine for the M001 and it works fine. So......... I'm not really sure. I sent u a PM with the info to ftp it.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
[quote name='2froggy;48137]Myself' date=' I would probably stay clear. There doesn't appear to be a lot of support for it at all. I found mine on Craigslist cheap. Would have been better off saving my money for other things. I have a Nationite MIDnite (Wits A81E) 7" Android 2.2 Tablet from MP4 Nation on order now. It's a little more money but hopefully a lot better pad.[/QUOTE'] Would agree with you completely on the "saving the $$" had one of those and it was fun as a first device sort of thing, but you cant really do much on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello to all:I am new hereMy problem is that wanted to try android since I did not like the WinCE and I read that could to be dual boot. On having lowered the firmware, it erased the Windows CE and Android it does not load. My question they are:1. Where I can obtain the WinCE for my model....2. Where I can obtain Android for my model....3. Since it I can make boot DualMy model is M70002, the same of the user forumkost(the system does not let to me place URL, for that reason I published here)PD: Sorry by my bad english, i'm not speak english. Translation on-line

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi guys I picked up one of these units two weeks ago and I got to tell you after coming from Android wince 6.0 has nothing to offer I couldn't find apps for it or any support, I is similar to the M002 in layout so I flashed Android 1.6 and everything is fast and smooth although you will need to get a new youtube player for it as it crashes otherwise. If you want to go to Android PM me and I will give you everything you need,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sent off a PM. I've tried most of the Android scripts and although most of them work great - none of them identify the 'home' button properly as any of the three available buttons (home, volume up / down).

I checked out the wiki for re-defining the keys, but the one I found would appear to be after the fact so I do not see where in the script I would modify it to change the keymap.

I will keep looking though in the meantime just for kicks ;)

Take care and thank you!

- Hap

1 - 20 of 21 Posts