Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
First of all I just want to tell everyone that has worked to make this device better than it comes out of the box a huge THANK YOU
... The instructions to hack this device have been wonderful and very useful!I am a noob and just purchased this device and this may be a stupid question. I am wondering if I put in a larger internal sd card will that help speed the device up at all or just give it more storage space and that's it?Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Do we know this is true despite class? Isn't the stock on class 2, such that class 4-10 would be faster for things that read/write off that chip? Also, I never tried to start the device with the sdcard pulled. Anyone do that? I didn't look all that closely, but I don't recall and hardwired memory inside... The benefit of being clueless is that you're clueless, I guess...

·
Registered
73 Posts
The internal is not necessary for the PD to boot. In fact, if you do not plan on using the PD apps, you can do without it. I've even come across a hack to use the internal card as the primary SD slot. I would not recommend it, unlike the external slot, you cannot swap it while the system is on.e_t

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
[quote name='edit_text;18555]The internal is not necessary for the PD to boot. In fact' date=' if you do not plan on using the PD apps, you can do without it. I've even come across a hack to use the internal card as the primary SD slot. I would not recommend it, unlike the external slot, you cannot swap it while the system is on.e_t[/QUOTE'] ahhh, but if the pd apps are read to and written from that card, wouldn't a faster card allow for faster access to any such apps on the card? I doubt the difference would be noticeable, but there would have to be a difference, right? on a big movie file, or whatever?

·
Registered
10 Posts
boboanne1;18420 said:
First of all I just want to tell everyone that has worked to make this device better than it comes out of the box a huge THANK YOU
... The instructions to hack this device have been wonderful and very useful!I am a noob and just purchased this device and this may be a stupid question. I am wondering if I put in a larger internal sd card will that help speed the device up at all or just give it more storage space and that's it?Thanks in advance!
This would only increase your capacity. If you want to increase your speed you may want to look in to getting a CLASS 6 or CLASS 10 microSD card. These can be gotten at NEWEGG.COM, but I am not sure how much of a difference that would make.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.