Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching for the answer but I didn't have any luck.It seems that for the Adobe Digital Edition books to work then need to be installed to the internal SD Card (when I put them on the external card it kept asking for a credit card number as password). The problem is that when I boot the device with a external SD card in, the system doesn't recognize the internal card.Is there a way to make this work?Thank You,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do you have to boot the device with the External SD Card out and then put it in when the device is booted?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
geebekazoo;30010 said:
I have a 16Gb internal micro SD and a 16Gb external SD in my PDN at all times. Both are always seen by the unit after boot-up.
That's interesting, I wonder why my unit doesn't see both, any ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PDN With Volume Mod, Google Experience, Marketplace hack and a factory internal memory card, I have a 4gb external SD Card. I am not too vested with having it setup I am going to try a clean firmware update and start from scratch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now that you made me think about it I had previously made the external SD card bootable so I could load Windows Home Server off of it, then I just deleted the files instead of reformatting, that may be the issue. I'll report back what happens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even after reformatting (internal and external) the SD cards, it still only allows access to one of them unless I start with the SD card out. Should the device be showing two drives when I plug it into my computer (for me they are E: and F:)?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can you give us your firmware version? And whether or not your pdn recognizes the external card at boot.Some of the PDN seem to recognize the external card at boot and others need to insert the card after boot every time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The problem with the SD card was that I had it formatted to be boot-able, once I switched SD Cards it works like a charm. I appreciate every bodies help! (I have been running the firmware from the 24th)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Pandigital makes it a little confusing since the device basically has two SD card slots. My buddy's Novel has always confused me as far as trying to access data on the MicroSD card as well as a full sized SD card in the outer slot. Things would have been a lot easier had Pandigital just shoved a 512MB MicroSD card in the internal slot and limited it to the OS and program installations, and then included another small SD card with the device to store all of the books, music, videos, etc. It kinda reminds me of the days when computers were sold with a DVD reader and CD burner and you had to remember which drive is which, and you end up feeling stupid when you shove a blank CD into the DVD drive and taking a few minutes to figure out what went wrong.

·
Registered
666 Posts
My new Novel has acquired this problem. Initially I could boot with SD CARD in place and have access to both memory cards (through windows with USB cable) I even upgraded my internal to an 8G. I flashed to 7_24 and did my mods, all was well. I installed 80M of Apks still no problem. The it started, internal cannot be seen (by windows while plugged in with USB cable) nor the Novel using a file explorer. I swapped internal cards back to the 1G OEM card, still no internal card detected. I then removed my SDCARD and powered off then on, it was there. But now it is only seen when the SDCARD is NOT installed when booting. I flashed back to 7_24 firmware, no mods at all. Problem still exists. I will try reformatting my SDCARD later, but the file structure is fine as it is seen when put in my SD Reader on my computer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After I bought a new virgin SDCARD for the external slot mine was seeing both cards again. I cannot attest to the longevity of this fix because I accidentally broke the screen of my novel and I haven't been able to replace it yet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My PDN seems to always recognize both internal and external SD cards at boot. This has been true across all three firmware releases I have tried. The internal card is always mounted under /PD_Novel/ so you may not be looking in the right place. I put the internal SD card in my computer and created a folder called "Internal_SD_Card" so I could be sure what I was seeing. Sure enough, it shows in the list of folders mounted at /PD_Novel/.

·
Registered
666 Posts
the PD_NOVEL folder on the Novel exists whether the Card is Mounted or not. When mine was not showing up in windows (through USB connection) so I browsed with a file manager to root in my novel, the PD_Novel folder was there, there were no contents listed. I was looking in the right place. Later I will try using another (or reformat) the SDCARD to see if this fixes it. Maybeit was corrupted by mounting and unmounting incorrectly (read unplugging USB cable).

·
Registered
666 Posts
Ok so I tired another SD card and it worked fine. I reformatted the original card (which used to work fine in both my Novels) apparently it had strange partitioning on it, which I deleted and created a new FAT32 primary. I formatted it and left it blank. It still causes the PD_Novel (internal) not to mount. Although I can use the other SDcard (it is only 2g) I'm still a little concerned as to why the Novel suddenly started having problems with this particular SD card. It is a SanDisk II 4G SD (15MBs).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts