Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have ordered my tablet, and am eagerly waiting for it to arrive.In the teardown thread, one commenter mentioned it looked like the 2GB memory was in an internal SD slot. Someone else mentioned they thought that slot had gone away in some of the photos.What kind of memory is actually used in this device? Is it hard-wired on the mobo, or can it be upgraded? Would one ever really need more than 2GB on a device of this type?Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all.When I said, 'memory', I meant 'internal storage'. I tried to edit it, but the edit wouldn't take. My apologies for any confusion...

·
Banned
205 Posts
Four things, 1 use advanced settings to save an edit on post. 2 I dont think there is a working microsd inside 3 And this is a big one pay attention, you have 256MB of internal storage not 2GB, check your info some people label this as 2 giga BITS (not Bytes) 4 The 2GB is SD storage not the internal nand so thats 256MB of ram and 256MB of storage.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
you can load wince 6 onto the A81E/W1060 instead of Android if you wish to. Apparently Wits is trying to work out a dual boot option, i say apparently as they have been aying it for a while now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.