Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wished I hadn't tried to update this tablet because I am not able to do anything.
I do not understand these instructions installing and rolling back and all this gibberish.
Where the heck is this ZT280.spl I have not found it anywhere.
What is this update boot what does it mean? update boot to 20110701 or older version/ what is this in Android folder or boot folder?.
There is no 2011701 folder in android all I see in android is ..

Index of ftp://zenithink.com/...droid/20110628/

Index of ftp://zenithink.com/...droid/20110716/

Index of ftp://zenithink.com/...droid/20110721/

Index of ftp://zenithink.com/...droid/20110803/
Where is this 20110701 is it in a boot file?
Is this what you are talking about?

Index of ftp://zenithink.com/.../boot/20110701/
Index of ftp://zenithink.com/...ollback_to_old/

Where is this located what folder? aml_autoscript (ftp: script\20110630\update_boot_from_old\)

Index of ftp://zenithink.com/...ot/20110630/J0/ ------Is this it?

Index of ftp://zenithink.com/...droid/20110628/

Index of ftp://zenithink.com/..._boot_from_old/

This is dated for 6/30/11 is this what you mean?
OK I think I found this in a folder but I couldn't tell you if this is right or not?

Index of ftp://zenithink.com/...el/20110630/J0/ ?

ZT280.kernel
ZT280.recovery

If you failed,the things will accur: your pad brick but can be rescue by a rescue-SDCARD or thought modify boot mode.
thought modify boot mode? What does this mean?"
How does a person do this modify boot mode instead of rescue-SDCARD?

What does this boot mean? Firmware? Boot folder?

Where is this? put autoscript (ftp: script\20110630\rollback_boot_to_old\), to SDCARD "zt-update" folder/ where is it located?

I see several commands which one is the right one?
you can edit command to make ZT280.recovery excute it.

This is all very aggravating too me, I have tried different ways and nothing works. I can't even turn this damn thing on, makes a good strobe light if you push the power button off and on but that's about it.

I had no idea this would be that complicated. I screwed myself good on this one, never again I should of left it alone.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'll try to help you asap.. I haven't roll back since my update went well, anyway which file did you use for upgrade? I have some exams from 5th till 9th but I'll try to figure out something to help you even if I hope someone that already did the downgrade could help me since i still don't know that much about this tablet..
Do you know if you have a F or non-F version?
I realy hope we can help you figure your problem out!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try to help you asap.. I haven't roll back since my update went well, anyway which file did you use for upgrade? I have some exams from 5th till 9th but I'll try to figure out something to help you even if I hope someone that already did the downgrade could help me since i still don't know that much about this tablet..
Do you know if you have a F or non-F version?
I realy hope we can help you figure your problem out!
Thanks I appreciate it very much if you could. What I have is the F version and all I tried to do was update to 803.
There has been some things I misunderstood at first and one was the ftp browser. So now I have that problem solved.

I downloaded Filezilla and downloaded the FW and files from Zenithink server at least what I thought I needed for FW 803.
I realized another thing the first time was I just downloaded everything on the SDcard in compressed files and didn't uncompressed them plus I did not make a directory zt-update, my mistake.

Then I placed the TFcard in slot with the files still compressed and nothing happened. It would say looking for SDcard or something like that then go back to original FW615 nothing changed but at least it was working.

Since this did not work I went back in FileZilla and placed something else in there can't remember what now, then I took the TFcard and installed into the tablet again and just pressed the power button instead of the back button and then all of a sudden and real fast it said it was erasing something I couldn't tell it went so fast. After that all I got was a black screen no green light nothing.

This much I figured out now is. I need the ftp browser and downloaded Filezilla then I made a directory in SDcard by right clicking then did not know how to uncompress the files that I downloaded to SDcard so I tried to right click the compressed files and it said open, so I clicked on open and then it started extracting in the directory.

So now all my files are extracted in zt-update directory except for the aml auto script which went into the SDcard directory manually. Then I placed the TF card back into the tablet with all the files extracted but it still does not want to work, so what ever erased the first time and now it will not boot up at all. So this is where I am at with this point, I still have no answers from myself on what I did.

Thanks for offering to help gianluca.tomat

Chris

·
Registered
618 Posts
First of all I need to understand if you can see something in the screen and the led lights up when you turn the screen on! If yes than I'll try to give you the instructions for the files you need, if not I'll write to ZT.engineer to help you better!!
Hope I can be useful to you!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once in awhile the charge red led comes on but for the green led power light nothing comes on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would really like to know where this is and what file folder/ directory what ever you call it?
put autoscript (ftp: script\20110630\rollback_boot_to_old\)

All I see is this one under scripts file folder 726 /dyliao/zt-280/script/20110726/rollback_boot_to_old

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This thing is getting real efing close to being a damn puzzle after hits this wall in front of me. Lesson here to be learned make sure you know what the f ][k your doing before updating FW.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This thing is getting real efing close to being a damn puzzle after hits this wall in front of me. Lesson here to be learned make sure you know what the f ][k your doing before updating FW.
I went through all this for the last time but number 2. is nowhere to be found in ftp zenithink directory

1 update boot to 20110701 or older version

2 put autoscript (ftp: script\20110630\rollback_boot_to_old\), to SDCARD "zt-update" folder. where and I repeat in the hell is this in ftp I looked in every damn directory in ftp on Zenithink server and I still do not see it. Someone please tell me where this is.

3 put u-boot-512M-UartB.bin to SDCARD root directory

4 make sure aml_autoscript is removed from SDCARD root directory

Then bootup it will excute script and rollback to old version.Then you can update old firmware. Remember remove "autoscript" when finish.

Does not work anybody out there with solutions on this would be much appreciated besides going ahead and making a puzzle out of it that is.

·
Registered
618 Posts
try using the 0726 script!!! It should only be an updated version!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is very frustrating knowing there is a solution out there to make a rescue sd card and getting your tablet back.
I have not seen any or read any success with doing this. Obviously ATP knows what he is talking about and real simple for him but what about us?!
To me this is not a simple task and I think Alversrj went a different route because of this lack of communication and misunderstanding about how to format a rescue sdcard and decided to solder something together to make it work? Maybe I misunderstood but this is what I read out of that.

Please excuse me ATP but not all of us are whizzes at this kind of thing and I am sure you would like to make sure people understand what your trying to explain but the simple truth is to me it is not understandable and I don't think I am the only one.

ATP if there is by chance you could sit down and take your time and explain this in simpler terms it would be much appreciated. I have gone out of my way at times to help someone and I think its well worth it in the long run. ATP I don't know if you are Chinese if not disregard writing down below I had this translated from Google hope it works for you to better understand.

Regards, Chris

这是非常令人沮丧,知道有一个解决方案,有救援SD卡和您的数位板。
我还没有看到任何或读取任何这样做的成功。显然,三磷酸腺苷知道他是什么谈论和他真正的简单,但我们怎么样?!
对我来说这不是一个简单的任务,我认为Alversrj了一个不同的路线,因为这种缺乏沟通和有关如何格式化救援SD卡,并决定焊料的东西在一起,使其工作的误解?也许我误解了,但这是我读出。
请原谅我的ATP,但并不是我们所有人都在这种事情学有专长,我相信你想确保人们了解你试图解释,但简单的事实是,我是无法理解的,我不认为我只有一个。
ATP如果有机会你可以坐下来和你的时间和解释在这个简单,将不胜感激。我有我的路走了出去,有时帮助别人,我觉得很值得从长远来看。 ATP的我不知道,如果你是中国人,如果不能无视它写下来,下面我从谷歌翻译的希望,为你的作品更好地理解。

克里斯

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Someone please help me with this rescue sd card I don't know where to start if someone could just explain it in writing real simple terms I think I would be able to fix this problem because this tablet will not boot up.

I will push the power button on and I get a white flicker of light sometimes and that's it no green led and even the red charge light does not stay on very long. This is a F model and it had Rom 615 but when I went to update I erased something from the beginning and now I have nothing. Please someone out there I need your help.

Regards

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have tried and tried and tried but I can't seem to get any help with this rescue SDCARD
I have here what I typed up in the terminal on Linux / Unbuntu computer and I can't seem to get it this right.
I read what it said to make a rescue SDCARD.
I typed it step by step as you can see in this and still nothing is right so what am I doing wrong??

[email protected]:~$ umount /dev/sdb1

umount: /dev/sdb1 is not mounted (according to mtab)

[email protected]:~$ umount /dev/sdb2

umount: /dev/sdb2 is not mounted (according to mtab)

[email protected]:~$ umount /dev/sdb3

umount: /dev/sdb3 is not mounted (according to mtab)

[email protected]:~$ umount /dev/sdb4

umount: /dev/sdb4 is not mounted (according to mtab)

[email protected]:~$ umount /dev/sdb

umount: /dev/sdb is not mounted (according to mtab)

[email protected]:~$ sudo dd if=ZT280.sd of= /dev/sdb bs=1 count=442

[sudo] password for chris:

dd: unrecognized operand `/dev/sdb'

Try `dd --help' for more information.

[email protected]:~$ sudo dd if= ZT280.sd of= /dev/sdb bs=1 count=442

dd: unrecognized operand `ZT280.sd'

[email protected]:~$ sudo if= ZT280.sd of= /dev/sdb bs=1 count=442

sudo: ZT280.sd: command not found

[email protected]:~$ sudo of= /dev/sdb bs=1 count=442

sudo: /dev/sdb: command not found

[email protected]:~$ umount /dev/sdb5

umount: /dev/sdb5 is not mounted (according to mtab)

[email protected]:~$

[email protected]:~$ sudo dd if=ZT280.sd of=/dev/sdb bs=1 count=442

dd: opening `ZT280.sd': No such file or directory

[email protected]:~$ sudo dd of=/dev/sdb bs=1 count=442

sudo dd of=/dev/sdb bs=512 skip=1 seek=1; sync

sudo eject /dev/sdb

LOGO

dd: writing `/dev/sdb': Input/output error

71+0 records in

70+0 records out

70 bytes (70
copied, 356.747 s, 0.0 kB/s

[email protected]:~$ OGO

OGO: command not found

[email protected]:~$ RGB888>gz->mkimg:

RGB888: command not found

[email protected]:~$ gzip -9 0.bmp

gzip: 0.bmp: No such file or directory

[email protected]:~$ '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/aml_logo' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/amlogic_1024x768_512M_0615_jiami_V2.18.txt' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/factory_update_param.aml' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/licence1.ef' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/logo' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/u-boot-512M-UartB.bin' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/uImage' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/uImage_recovery' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/update.zip' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/有些板子开机10秒之后才启动,现在改了watchdog之后的uboot.txt' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/触摸屏和U盘、鼠标以及校准.txt'

bash: /home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/aml_logo: Permission denied

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have tried and tried and tried but I can't seem to get any help with this rescue SDCARD
I have here what I typed up in the terminal on Linux / Unbuntu computer and I can't seem to get it this right.
I read what it said to make a rescue SDCARD.
I typed it step by step as you can see in this and still nothing is right so what am I doing wrong??

umount: /dev/sdb is not mounted (according to mtab)

[email protected]:~$ sudo dd if=ZT280.sd of= /dev/sdb bs=1 count=442

[sudo] password for chris:

dd: unrecognized operand `/dev/sdb'

[email protected]:~$ sudo dd if= ZT280.sd of= /dev/sdb bs=1 count=442

dd: unrecognized operand `ZT280.sd'

[email protected]:~$ sudo if= ZT280.sd of= /dev/sdb bs=1 count=442

sudo: ZT280.sd: command not found

[email protected]:~$ sudo of= /dev/sdb bs=1 count=442

sudo: /dev/sdb: command not found

[email protected]:~$ umount /dev/sdb5

umount: /dev/sdb5 is not mounted (according to mtab)

[email protected]:~$ sudo dd if=ZT280.sd of=/dev/sdb bs=1 count=442

dd: opening `ZT280.sd': No such file or directory

[email protected]:~$ sudo dd of=/dev/sdb bs=1 count=442

sudo dd of=/dev/sdb bs=512 skip=1 seek=1; sync

sudo eject /dev/sdb

LOGO

dd: writing `/dev/sdb': Input/output error

71+0 records in

70+0 records out

70 bytes (70
copied, 356.747 s, 0.0 kB/s

[email protected]:~$ OGO

OGO: command not found

[email protected]:~$ RGB888>gz->mkimg:

RGB888: command not found

[email protected]:~$ gzip -9 0.bmp

gzip: 0.bmp: No such file or directory

[email protected]:~$ '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/aml_logo' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/amlogic_1024x768_512M_0615_jiami_V2.18.txt' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/factory_update_param.aml' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/licence1.ef' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/logo' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/u-boot-512M-UartB.bin' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/uImage' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/uImage_recovery' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/update.zip' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/有些板子开机10秒之后才启动,现在改了watchdog之后的uboot.txt' '/home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/触摸屏和U盘、鼠标以及校准.txt'

bash: /home/chris/Desktop/ZT280.sd/aml_logo: Permission denied

Chris,

I can't help you with the rescue sdcard, I haven't done any update on my non-F tablet yet, its running OK as it is, and I don't want to end up like you have. The following is an attempt to explain what you have posted:

'umount' is the command to unmount a mounted partition. In the cases above attempts to unmount partitions 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 of a particular disk. In this particular case it would be refering to the SD card. The first disk in a computer would be sda, partitions on this disk would be sda1, sda2, sda3, etc., depending on how many partitions exist. So sdb1, sdb2, etc refer to partitons on a second medium.

'dd' is a command to copy data. In this particular instance, I don't know what is meant to be copied to the sd card. 'sudo' is a command to allow a user to have root privileges to complete the dd command.

"sudo dd if=ZT280.sd of=/dev/sdb bs=1 count=442" This line is saying copy from ZT280.sd to /dev/sdb. This is what I'm not sure it is trying to copy. The only thing I can tell you is that this command is expecting to have 2 SD cards involved, to be able to copy from one to the other.

'eject' is the command to eject the sd card.

'LOGO', I have no idea what this is for. I don't believe it is a valid command.

'RGB888', no idea, but as you can see from the output above it is not a valid command.

'gzip' is a command to compress / uncompress files. I don't know what is attempting to be compressed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chris,

I can't help you with the rescue sdcard, I haven't done any update on my non-F tablet yet, its running OK as it is, and I don't want to end up like you have. The following is an attempt to explain what you have posted:

'umount' is the command to unmount a mounted partition. In the cases above attempts to unmount partitions 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 of a particular disk. In this particular case it would be refering to the SD card. The first disk in a computer would be sda, partitions on this disk would be sda1, sda2, sda3, etc., depending on how many partitions exist. So sdb1, sdb2, etc refer to partitons on a second medium.

'dd' is a command to copy data. In this particular instance, I don't know what is meant to be copied to the sd card. 'sudo' is a command to allow a user to have root privileges to complete the dd command.

"sudo dd if=ZT280.sd of=/dev/sdb bs=1 count=442" This line is saying copy from ZT280.sd to /dev/sdb. This is what I'm not sure it is trying to copy. The only thing I can tell you is that this command is expecting to have 2 SD cards involved, to be able to copy from one to the other.

'eject' is the command to eject the sd card.

'LOGO', I have no idea what this is for. I don't believe it is a valid command.

'RGB888', no idea, but as you can see from the output above it is not a valid command.

'gzip' is a command to compress / uncompress files. I don't know what is attempting to be compressed.
Thanks Terry,
I sure don't want you to be in this situation either, so don't fix it if it isn't broke and that's what I should of done.
I didn't realize it would be this difficult to make an Rescue SDCARD but if you can't understand what your doing in the first place and just guess at it then this is what your going to get and that's nowhere. I would like to see if someone could interpret what exactly is said from atp so we could just go step by step in the right direction. Heck maybe have something a person could download from the Zenithink site and automatically fix this by copying it to your flash drive sdcard or what ever.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I copied this from the read me docx
and above is exactly what I did except for the bottom part where I pasted the files of FW

Rescue SDCARD:

A rescue sdcard is used to boot when flash is blank.So you can scrub you flash if you need. - I don't understand used to boot when flash is blank? Also I Googled, so you can scrub you flash if you need and all I got was washing yourself or scrubing cleaning something which does not help. so where does a person go from there.

umount /dev/sdb1

umount /dev/sdb2

umount /dev/sdb3

umount /dev/sdb4

umount /dev/sdb5

umount /dev/sdb

sudo dd if= ZT280.sd of=/dev/sdb bs=1 count=442 " So where is this ZT280.sd if it does not exist in directory or how do you make a directory with this on linux without internet.

sudo dd if= ZT280.sd of=/dev/sdb bs=512 skip=1 seek=1; sync - Why dd what so big about this, I typed this and it said something about need help cannot find dd.
So that didn't help

sudo eject /dev/sdb

LOGO - Why logo why type it in what does it do?

RGB888>gz->mkimg: ???

windows: -Why are we typing in windows in terminal? and are we supposed to type this stuff below it?

gzip -9 0.bmp

mkimg -A arm -T firmware -C gzip -a 0xffffffff -e 0xffffffff -n "LOGO:ZT" -d 0.bmp.gz boot.logo

linux: -Why are we typing in linux I thought we already formatted it to sdcard

gzip -9 0.bmp

./mkimage -A arm -T firmware -C gzip -a 0xffffffff -e 0xffffffff -n "LOGO:ZT" -d 0.bmp.gz boot.logo

And after all this where do we go from there? Do we start copying FW and how do you do this in rescue sdcard

Please someone make sense out of this so we all can understand.

If any of you can understand this please please break it down on how this needs to be written in a terminal on linux unbutu, redhat, pclinux, mint I don't care as long as it relates to rescue sdcard format and fdisk and copying FW on SDCARD and definitions if possible as Terry stated above for those people that are not familiar with linux, commands etc.

It not only would help me but it will help a lot of people because there will be a time that someone else will be in the same situation.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Atp I would like to know why do you make a rescue SDCARD for a tablet F none F if no one can understand it or make it work? I know you know what your doing but others like me cannot understand what you are trying to say.

I need help bad, my tablet is down there is no power at all and it is a F model and there is nothing I can do because no one else can understand this rescue sd card in read me docx. You are the only one that can understand what to do?

·
Registered
100 Posts
First of all I need to understand if you can see something in the screen and the led lights up when you turn the screen on! If yes than I'll try to give you the instructions for the files you need, if not I'll write to ZT.engineer to help you better!!
Hope I can be useful to you!
Well did you get any answers from zt engineer? I need to do a rescue sd card but how? please ask them how I have been waiting to long for answers no real help from anyone

1 - 18 of 18 Posts