Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem-The screen shows like double task bars with wifi battery etc on top and about an inch or two from the bottom. Youtube works flawlessly with this firmware. How do I fix the screen so it fits M003?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think the screen is the only difference between m001 and m003, the other hardware specs are just the same.If somebody knows how to change the screen resolution please post here, so we can port the other custom firmware available to m001

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I read the link, but the problem is I am not a developer. I did not write the Rom that I like. I am simply a consumer that found a firmware that makes the device I purchase work very well. The problem is the 1 1.4 screen issue (pic above). It would be great if the firmware was updated for the M003. Maybe, I am askiing the wrong question.
Here we go- What firmware (ROM) will actually play Youtube videos in low res besides Ecotox V1.0 on the M003?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just need a tutorial on making custom roms, and then get copy of what ECOTOX has done for M001 and apply to M003 to create a ROM that is 800x600 compliant. Wonder who has that knowledge? CaffeineROM by mjorte seems to be our M003 guru.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tron33;26177 said:
Youtube works on M003 thanks to Androidmr2 LINK to his info for low res working youtube for android tablet. Link for youtube-low.apkI posted a quick mod for a book cover if you use your Eken a for ebook ereading tabletuser.blogspot.com LINKSo looks like any current firmware ROM will play YouTube videos.
Just want u to know, I am willing to learn. I have no idea what to do with youtube-low.apk short from putting it on the sdcard. If u could please walk me thru step by step what I need in order to move it from the sdcard to where its suppose to go? From your reply, Your saying this youtube-low.apk can be put on any ROM/firmware or replaces the youtube app that doesn't work. if this is correct, I am your student.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.