Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Firmware Dev
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Is it possible to reinstall the full version of Documents 2 Go that was in the original Firmware ?Im guessing that it have a preset code slipped in the firmware but worth asking.Cheers,Rog.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi,sure it is. either use a backup (which you might not have) or get the apks from somewhere else!hint: download the ecotox firmware, its included there, take the apks from the data.tgz and install them *g* (com.dataviz.doctogo.apk and com.dataviz.doctogoapp.apk)hope that helps,cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
[quote name='Roger Calver;17886]Thanks for the help' date=' I went out and brought a copy of it as it was on sale at $9.99.[/QUOTE']You bought a copy of Docs2go? Why?It comes in the original firmware for free, all you needed to do was extract the apk's and install them.

·
Firmware Dev
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote name='Jagannath;17995]You bought a copy of Docs2go? Why?It comes in the original firmware for free' date=' all you needed to do was extract the apk's and install them.[/QUOTE'] Yeah I know now how to fix it but I really needed to use it and its cheap.Still getting used to all this Android stuff and learning

·
Firmware Dev
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='Jagannath;17995]You bought a copy of Docs2go? Why?It comes in the original firmware for free' date=' all you needed to do was extract the apk's and install them.[/QUOTE'] Yeah I know now how to fix it but I really needed to use it and its cheap.Still getting used to all this Android stuff and learning

·
Registered
212 Posts
[quote name='Jagannath;17995]You bought a copy of Docs2go? Why?It comes in the original firmware for free' date=' all you needed to do was extract the apk's and install them.[/QUOTE'] Given the way software is treated in China, you can't be sure Documents 2 Go wasn't pirated onto the M001. legal or not, it doesn't hurt to buy a copy. Then the people who wrote it get more money and put more work into developing the product. I've bought two copies. one for each device I had at the time. It's a very useful app if you need to work with MS Office 2007 or earlier.I mainly use linux because I've been orphaned too many times by closed source software companies who disappear after taking my money and their app are left either unsupported or merged into some other product I don't want anyway. With Linux, that isn't the end of the story. Old open source apps that are good can be revised and re-written by anyone who wants to after the original developers move on to other things. That is why I grabbed Android with both hands when it came out. But sometimes you need to talk to the closed-source world and its by-products.....so Docs 2 Go does that for me on Android, like OpenOffice does it on Linux.

·
Co-Founder
2,008 Posts
[quote name='linuxluver;18041]Given the way software is treated in China' date=' you can't be sure Documents 2 Go wasn't pirated onto the M001. legal or not, it doesn't hurt to buy a copy. Then the people who wrote it get more money and put more work into developing the product. I've bought two copies. one for each device I had at the time. It's a very useful app if you need to work with MS Office 2007 or earlier.I mainly use linux because I've been orphaned too many times by closed source software companies who disappear after taking my money and their app are left either unsupported or merged into some other product I don't want anyway. With Linux, that isn't the end of the story. Old open source apps that are good can be revised and re-written by anyone who wants to after the original developers move on to other things. That is why I grabbed Android with both hands when it came out. But sometimes you need to talk to the closed-source world and its by-products.....so Docs 2 Go does that for me on Android, like OpenOffice does it on Linux.[/QUOTE'] Linux is brilliant, 'nuf said.Although, I have M$ Office installed, purely for compatibility and it's what I'm used to. Every other bit of WIn32 shite I can live without. (Except Winamp, oh where art thou. Winamp + 100% FLAC-Encoded Library + Studio DSP Plugins + Quantum Electronics Power Amp + Leak Sandwich Monitors = Most beautiful thing you will ever hear)

·
Registered
212 Posts
[quote name='Jagannath;17995]You bought a copy of Docs2go? Why?It comes in the original firmware for free' date=' all you needed to do was extract the apk's and install them.[/QUOTE'] I'm thinking it may well be pirated on the original M001 software.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.