Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just finished installing the adb driver (thanks nate) the first app i installed was the alkido reader, but i didnt use the command line adb.exe. on a hunch i decided to try to install with PC Suite. I got it from the panda app (panda home) web site. It installs as 91 (something chinese) after doibg some forum research i was able to change language to partial english. (In the systray 3rd menuitem, 3rd choice.I was then able to browse to the apk and install, it worked great.I wanted to share this with the forum here. Now im off to install more apks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you really want to, you can also go to settings-applications-and check the unknown sources box and download apks directly from the browser and install them with package installer, no need for a pc

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have since installed Apps Installer.apk, now I just put the .apk onto an SD card and I install from there, works great and no need for a PC to install.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have already changes my settings (to allow unknown sources or whatever), but I havent tried installing apks like that yet. I presume that you must open it from the link. If you download it to the Novel, how would you browse to locate the .apk? Once located then I presume that the default PackageInstaller willl take it from there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote name='tmh48;19596]If you really want to' date=' you can also go to settings-applications-and check the unknown sources box and download apks directly from the browser and install them with package installer, no need for a pc[/QUOTE'] "Can't finish downloading: not enough space"this was going to do it for me too. I've tried every way that's been offered to use adb.exe to install from my Vista machine. It just will not cooperate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.