Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon from Spain.
Inspiration 1.0 CWM version is ready, read it into my blog all changes Inspiration blog.
This is my first Custom Rom for Voyo A15 that installed above CWM Recovery. 100% safe, goodbye to brick risk.
I want agree specially to @jolotroco, without his help this can´t possible. You´re great, jolo¡¡¡¡¡

I hope Inspiration 1.0 like you, enjoy ¡¡¡¡
Greetings

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, modify data partition need use old utscript. I´ll reviewed how I can do it in CWM Recovery, I don´t want more bricks tablets.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@jozco313
How did you install cwm?

Also, in my aptemt to change the dpi, I bricked my tablet, how did youvgo about it?
It´s very easy, only put the three files into mSD and boot up with power and vol- buttons. Push both buttons until you see install text.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Maybe because now there isn´t a jump on percentage of battery, it´s calibrated and consumition is equal.
Juste after 1:10 of use (game and minor tests - movie / dnla less than 5 minutes). I still have 60% of battery.
I saw in settings/battery :
- 50% for the screen
- 20% for multimedia server ???

I'm not sure that I can see a movie of 1:30 like before...
I'll test more.

by the way, luminosity is set to the lowest

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hm, can anybody tell me why the update don't work for me (with my usual 2GB SD FAT32)? CWM is booting up quite normally but if I try to choose the update from sdcard, it says "can't mount /sdcard/".

In the meanwhile I copied the update zips to internal storage and flashed from there, what works.

@Adr, I have to press Vol-/Power a quite long time (about 10 sec.) and the display is "flickering" 2 or 3 times while pressing the buttons. You only need one primary partition on your sdcard.

@steph_fr, after updating you need several load/unload times to calibrate the battery. The first battery readings are not reliable.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Steve, did you or anyone at htcmania try to flash the cwm to emmc, e.g. copy the ramdisk-recovery-uboot.img to the normal 13 update files on sd-card and make the previous (original) flash procedure? The recovery-update is always included in the original utscript, but I wonder if the file/partition sizes match. Anyway I'm not brave enough to try it.
Also I was not brave enough to try the partitioning from inside cwm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone,

here are the problems with voyo a15 and i think that those should be resolved by the firmware :

- I hear some noise from the speaker when i slide webpage
- the range of the luminosity (max and min) aren't set correctly.

Do you agree with me ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Please read the older posts of the inspiration 0.4 thread, there was someone who had the same problem with the luminosity slider. This and the speaker noise may be hardware problems. Is it possible for you to return the tablet to your dealer and get a new one?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi everyone,

here are the problems with voyo a15 and i think that those should be resolved by the firmware :

- I hear some noise from the speaker when i slide webpage
- the range of the luminosity (max and min) aren't set correctly.

Do you agree with me ?
hello Steph_fr,

It seems we have the same problems with our tablets. On mine, the brightness is maximum at around 15%. I can also hear some noise from the speaker, but only when the tablet is plugged in. I also experience crashes and reboots along with the noises.

I finally gave up and returned the tablet to get it repaired. I suspect those problems are coming from the battery. Btw, you'll probably notice a very low battery life with apps like Netflix. Those issues can't be resolved with a firmware update as they are hardware related. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your tablet is probably defective.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Steve, did you or anyone at htcmania try to flash the cwm to emmc, e.g. copy the ramdisk-recovery-uboot.img to the normal 13 update files on sd-card and make the previous (original) flash procedure? The recovery-update is always included in the original utscript, but I wonder if the file/partition sizes match. Anyway I'm not brave enough to try it.
Also I was not brave enough to try the partitioning from inside cwm.
I don´t want to touch emmc, write on it there is a brick risk.
Only I make a updated when Voyo change kernel or ramdisk.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've tried to install cwm with the files on my sd card (holding vol- and power with the sd card plugged in.)
But the voyo just boots normally, does it have to be plugged into power?
It's very strange, everybody works fine. Check than both buttons works fine, it's possible that one of them are brokes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just for your interest, the partitioning of internal sdcard with this CWM doesn't work (advanced / partition internal sdcard). It always makes partitions on external sdcard. And after a while the option "partition internal sdcard" disappeared. I suppose there is something mixed up in the partition table.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Adr, for boot up from sdcard you only need the 2 files ramdisk-recovery-uboot.img and utscript on your sdcard. If it won't boot, maybe reformat it or use another sdcard.

With my 2GB sdcard it worked "half", what means CWM does boot from sdcard, but was unable to load/flash the zip-files because of mount-error. But it is possible to copy the zip-files to internal sdcard and flash them from there.

Btw., Inspiration_1.0_CWM.zip is not needed on the sdcard.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts